Used 2003 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews

Used Excursion for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

MY 4TH EXCURSION

TONY COX, 11/29/2003

I LIVE IN TEXAS WHERE IT IS TURE WE TRAVEL 22 MILES JUST FOR BREAKFAST. THIS VEHICLE IS AN EXCEPTIONAL VALUE FOR CAMPING AND TRAVELING, TOWING. THIS NEW 6.0 DIESEL IS QUITE AND HAS PLENTY OF GO POWER. THE BEST NEW FEATURE IS THE 5 SPEED TRANSMISSION. VERY COMFORTABLE OVER LONG DISTANT EXCURSIONS.

Long Live the Beast

Forest, 08/14/2009

We bought our 2003 Excursion Limited 6.0 diesel new in September 2003. It does double duty as the company truck and the family hauler. We tow our 34' 10,000 lb trailer on long family vacations. Estimate that we have towed the travel trailer at least 30,000 miles since 2003. Everybody is comfortable on long road trips and we have plenty of room left over. We did one ski trip to Colorado with only the truck and 6 people (and all equipment) on board. Went 75 mph and got over 18 mpg for the trip. Truck is very stable in slippery conditions. It is a bit clumsy around town, but heck--it is a truck. Too bad we may never see such a vehicle sold for the American family again.

Power!

skypilot, 08/20/2003

I've had the X for 2 months and 7000 miles now; still great! Power up the wahzoo, pulls our 5000 lb. boat like it's not even there. Wanders though... steering is vague and directional control is minimal, it just doesn't want to go straight down the road, gotta pay attention all the time. The 6.0 engine is the only way to go, 16.5-21 mpg, kills anything you'll see from the other engines.

Great Family and Tow Unit.

Gopher19432003, 10/24/2003

We use our Excursion for family vacations and towing a 35' travel trailer. This is a wonderful vehicle. It is well made, powerful, quiet and gets surprisingly good mileage. On diesel fuel, we average 18 MPG in town and 22 on the highway. When pulling the trailer, highway mileage drops to 19. I have never had a vehicle that can handle a trailer this large with such ease. I can drive all day and not fell beat.

FORDS BEST KEPT SECRET

Arthur Martin, 11/01/2003

The Excursion is the best kept secret. the 6.0 Turbo Diesel gets excellent fuel mileage, I don't know where the critics get there 411 on fuel economy? I wouyld take an Excursion over a Suburban any day.

12345...16