Used 2003 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Excursion for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Love my Excursion

andi lee, 07/27/2004
Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the second Excursion we have owned. Our first model had the 7.3 diesel engine and was a 2000 model. We loved it too but was a bit noisey. After the new 6.0 diesel was available we opted for this newer model. This is a traveler's dream. We average about 18mpg overall (includes intown miles). It is very comfortable and can get our entire family and "stuff" in the vehicle. It also pulls the hound out of a cattle trailer. Love my Excursion!

Great Truck

brooks white, 08/06/2004
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Pay extra for the Diesel Engine, it is worth for the fuel economy. The new Turbo 6.0 engine is Fabulous and surprisingly quiet.

big is better

sammyk, 08/24/2004
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is the second Excursion I've owned. The first had the V-10 and really bad mileage. The 6.0 diesel is very powerfull and gets GREAT mileage for the size of the vehicle. On the highway, I average 24 MPG at 75 MPH. My Jeep Wrangler gets a paltry 15 MPG's. We have had a few minor, but annoying problems, particularly electrical ( A/C looses power.. just shuts off ) but far less than the problems we had with the 2000 V-10 ( also electrical, interior lights would blink on and off everytime it rained and it rains a lot in FLorida ). Overall, this vehicle represents the best value for people / cargo around.

All the room we need

safety first, 12/19/2005
Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck when we had our third child. I had never owned a truck but I loved my husband's Expedition. In fact, I wanted to buy an Expedition because I thought the Excursion was too big. But my husband wanted us in the biggest vehicle possible in case of an accident. Turns out I am very happy with the Excursion because of the amount of room behind the third row seat. With a large baby stroller back there and a full load of groceries or Christmas presents, I use up the entire space. Not to mention the times I am carrying an unusual load like rented tables and chairs or landscaping plants. I can get everything I need on one trip, saving me time, aggravation and gas.

TOWS THE LOAD

AVE8ER, 03/26/2003
XLT Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is a great truck! The only real gripe I have is it rides and sounds like a truck on the inside. I had a eddie bauer expedition with the air suspension before and it had a great ride. This truck has way to many creaks and rattles. The gmc denali doesn't have creaks and rattles!