Used 1998 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews

Used Escort for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...25

Pros
Cons

This car won't die

kennedys, 01/25/2010
ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I put about 500 miles a week on this car on my daily commute to work. I have been waiting for it to die since I graduated college and got my long distance job. I have never broken down in it yet. So far since I took it over I have only had to replace tires and the tape deck/Radio which I was going to do anyway. One year I didn't even change the oil from inspection to inspection and it still ran like a champ. I wish I had a reason to get a new car but it is so reliable even at 130K. Who ever said foreign cars are more reliable than domestic really needs to check the date it isn't the 80's anymore.

This car is solid

Heathro21, 02/26/2010
ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

She is at 109,000 kms - just change the oil every 3K kms - only have had to change out the tie rods - that is it. I was going to buy a new car, but I don't have any need to. Great little car.

Satisfied Customer

mto, 07/08/2002
ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

Have had this vehicle almost a year now. Very satisfied with performance and gas mileage. I avg. about 32 mpg driving a mixture of about 70% interstate and 30% city. Some interior improvements would make life easier (see "Suggested Improvements").

zx2

mike, 09/17/2010
ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

I have owned this little car since I purchased it new in 1998. It has been a fun and economical. I have never had issues until the car reached over 200k. Then things started to break, typical stuff alternator, rear wheel cylinders, struts, just recently the fuel pump. The a/c works some times. Heck what do expect from a car with nearly 300k

Great Car for the money

langevette, 11/11/2002
ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for college transportation. and it is great! I now have over 72000 and still runs great. I bought it with trans. problems and fought the dealer till he rebuilt if for free. ($1500 worth) Gas milage in the mid 30s, but I drive hard.

12345...25