Used 1998 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews

Used Escort for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...25

Pros
Cons

not gooood

LikesALittleMonster, 03/16/2002
ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

man i got a 98 with 50k and all ready MAIN Body Frame rusting (inside under Fenders) engine loud as hell, drive is horroble, inside look - looks like from a STONE AGE when ppl live in caves, seat are SUPER UNCONFTEBLE my back hurts from 10 min drive in em, its got a nice out side look ill give a + to that and the rest is horoble a sport car with 130 horse and inside looks like crap

1998 ZX2 Escort

87irocZ28camaro, 09/14/2008
ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

The Escort isn't the best car but for the price come on. It never had trouble only needed a new pair of cheap tires and some cheap brakes and that was right before I sold it. It's a great car. Family look but great performance. Get one if you want a reliable cheap sport car.

I love this car

chris, 11/06/2008
ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 165k on it in jan of 08. It now has 200k on it. I have replaced the wheel bearings, the serpentine belt, and tires. It is by far the cheapest and most reliable car I have ever owned. I would recommend it to anyone. I'm kinda upset they stopped making them. When or if this one dies I will be buying another one.

1998 Ford Escort

1998 Ford Escort, 03/28/2009
SE 4dr Sedan

Very Reliable vehicle. Great gas mileage 40 HWY miles. This vehicle was subjected to a MN winter- 30 days in a row of zero degrees. The car started EVERY morning without a problem. Vehicle is just now starting to show a little rust. Dependable, great gas mileage. feels solid when driving during a MN winter...

cabin car

Jerry, 08/06/2009
SE 4dr Wagon

Purchased 5 years ago at 29000 miles. It had been dealer maintained, driven as second car, never in salt, paid $3600. I have alloy wheels (I had on a Mazda)and hi performance tires. We drive summers only as our (2 people) only car during that time. Now with 86000 miles replacement tires and front brake pad only. Nothing has failed. It is a great car for local use. Mileage with automatic, driven in a spirited manner is 30mpg locally, 33-4 at 73mph using cruise. On extended interstate trips it is acceptably comfortable, shifts out of lockup on hills when using cruise. Very reliable, economical utilitarian vehicle. Nowhere as comfortable, peppy, sporty handling as our 2004 Mazda 3.

12345...25