Used 2008 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

Used Escape for Sale
Select your model:
12345...47

Pros
Cons

Dangerous

roslynr, 06/03/2013

On May 24, 2013 while driving in the middle of a memorial day weekend rush hour traffic the lights came on in the dashboard and the suv, was not accelerating and just shut down , while trying to coast to the side of expressway this was impossible, I had to restart the truck. Once the suv restarted a short distance later it shut down again forcing me off the expressway. Once I made it home I called the dealership who told me to contact ford and file a complaint. My truck is a 2008 ford escape. After this email I will contact the BBB , this is dangerous to myself and others in traffic. This is a law suite waiting to happen.

Accelerator cable broke while driving!

disappointed58, 02/21/2012

I had a very disturbing incident happen with my 2008 Escape today that still has me shaken up! My accelerator completely broke while merging into traffic on the highway! The gas pedal fell to the floor and the car wouldn't accelerate. I had 10 seconds to figure out what was going on, quickly applied my brakes and landed in the median, with 2 lanes of hwy traffic going 70 MPH next to me. When my car was towed to the dealership, they informed me that the accelerator cable broke and I would owe $240. I was so upset and called the Cust. Serv. Dept and they did nothing! I could have been hit by a tractor trailer with my kids in the car and FORD DID NOTHING! I'm so furious and scared to drive it!

Disappointment

unhappy!, 03/20/2010

Just like everyone else bad condenser unit, around 20,000. Also had the throttle cable snap twice at 26,000 and at 58,000. Also had engine mount go bad at 60,000. This thing is a lemon but the throttle needs to snap once more before I have a suit. I love America and that's why I put my family in a Ford but this thing has been a bucket. I've called Ford but they don't do anything there district manger didn't care that my wife is pregnant and we have 3 children. I will never let myself or my family be in a situation like this again.

LOVE MY FORD ESCAPE!!!!

pumpkin2008, 09/22/2012

I recently purchased an 08 ford escape limited used. I love this SUV, it drives so smooth for a 4WD and handles very well. It is very roomy. I can't wait to try it out in the snow this winter. Gas milage isn't bad for a 4WD, very happy with my purchase.

Found On Road Dead

Found On Road Dead., 03/16/2010

I also purchased this car to stay with American made products. Along with others our transmission cooler went out and had to fix on my own. I called and reported it and nothing is being done. It's no wonder people are buying things made outside America. Ford you need to fix this problem or you will lose a lot of customers!

12345...47