Used 2018 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

Used Edge for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

But it won't scratch your back when you itch

Jeff Wieler, 10/10/2018
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Edge has everything you could ever want in a car. It's roomy, and it's eye-catching. The autopark feature will parallel park you in spaces you would never have tried. The sound system is solid. I enjoy playing my Pandora favorites on long trips. The turbo-6 is powerful. Changing lanes is a breeze with blind-spot warnings. If you are on cruise control and the car ahead of you brakes, the edge will urge you to brake. I've had mine for a week, and it's good around town and comfortable on long drives. We just moved from California to Georgia, and it carried plenty of stuff. Update two years after the purchase: Only in the shop once to fix a dent. Absolutely no mechanical issues. I would happily buy another.

Gas mileage sucks

Valerie, 03/26/2018
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased one month ago. Now have 1558 mi and I am at gas station 2-3 times week. Spoke to Service tech was told breaking in period. I’m getting 10 -13.9 mi according to info on Car console. I was under impression 20 mi at least. For today’s cars better efficiency is a must. Not being told that’s the way it is. After insisting this sucks and not acceptable I was told bring it in and will put on machine. Wow I hope there is a problem or this will be a long 3 year lease

Super Comfy, No Pep

John “Tito” Santana, 10/13/2018
Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My family (me, my wife, and kids 13 yo and 15 yo) rented a 2018 Titanium FWD Edge for a weeklong vacation in Orlando. The vehicle had about 23,000 miles on it and we only added about 100 to it. I think that the Edmund’s review pretty well nailed this vehicle. The seats are super comfortable and the ride is very smooth. The vented seats did a great job of cooling. Road and wind noise are minimal, as is vibration. The navigation system was intuitive and easy to use and worked flawlessly for us. We didn’t use the Bluetooth phone connection since it was a rental, so I cannot comment on that. My biggest gripe with this vehicle is the lack of punch when you need it. I’m sure I really ticked a few drivers off on the interstate. Changing lanes into a faster lane was bad. Punch the accelerator and there is a good 2 second delay. Once the turbos kick in it takes off, but the lag is so bad that you cannot make the transition before most drivers in the faster lane close the gap on you, forcing them to have to brake and then accelerate back up. The vehicle performed fine in normal driving situations aside from the acceleration lag. I have an EcoBoost F-150 (3.5 L) and it accelerates so well. There is no real lag compared to this 2.0 L engine. My other comparison is our 2014 Highlander Platinum. It has a standard 3.5 L V6 and has good acceleration and overall engine performance. We purchased that vehicle new and have 95,000 miles on it. The ventilated seats in the Edge are far superior as is the seat comfort and ride comfort. The Highlander handles better. The Edge didn’t have all the added safety features like blind spot monitoring which should be standard on the Titanium trim. These systems work well on our Highlander (except auto dim headlamps). The Highlander seems to have more functional space with the third row down, but the Edge was fine for 4 carryons and one large duffel bag. Overall the vehicle was pretty nice, I would purchase it for my kid. However I couldn’t tolerate the lag of acceleration for it to be our family vehicle.

Fun and sporty car!

MLavers, 09/06/2018
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I looked at this car because of my lifestyle. Being an triathlete, I am always hauling my bike and lots of gear bags to different locations. This car is perfect! Lots of room in the back where I could put my car inside with the seats folded down or my gear bags with my bike on the bike rack. The power is great up the CO mountains and the ride is very smooth. I love the technology inside the car - overall its a lot of fun to drive! The dealership (Phil Long Ford in Denver) and the salesperson (Juan Montoya) make the car even better with the buying experience.

TEGEDGE

REGEDGE, 09/17/2018
SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 3rd Ford Edge and 2nd 4 cylinder! Been very happy with all three (2008, 13 and now 18)!

12345...9