Used 2005 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Mitsubishi!!!!!! (that's what it is)
By Millard B. Fillmore

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car (2 dr coupe) is actually a Mitsubishi Eclipse in Dodge clothing. Most of the parts are not interchangeable with the crappy 4 door sedan. My only complaints are that it is LOOOOW to the ground which makes it a little tough to get in and out of for people of a certain age. The other complaint is the turning radius is fairly big for a small car. It has a whopping 120 hp 4 cylinder engine, but I get a consistant 32 highway miles per gallon. Want to go fast? Sure, once you're there it handles great, but is a little lazy with an auto transmission getting there. Not terrible though. No other complaints, and I like the way it looks. I bought it from ther original owners (an older couple) for $750 because they thought it was "too hard to get in and out of"....it is, sorta. I had to replace the battery ($100) and front rotors ($63 for the pair) since it had sat for a year. Score!!!!!!

horrible money pit
By Jocelyn mary

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car has caused me nothing but problem's!! The wheel barring for this car are smaller then usual and have to be replaced every year! Struts are gone. Already replaced timing belt long time ago! Exhaust and under carriage rotted and replaced a lot!!! Don't Ever buy! I plan to bring mine to a demo derby next fall!

Love
By Taylor

**Update**

I sold my Stratus Jan 2016, only because I needed an AWD SUV for constant trips over a snowy mountain pass. Still loved my Stratus and miss it from time to time!

I also updated Acceleration to reflect "poor". This car had low HP, and accelerated very slowly - my only issue with it.

*********************************************************************************************

I love my Dodge Stratus. I have owned my stratus for 3 years now. Not that it really matters, but mine is white. I purchased it with 150k miles and have put 30.5k on it in my time driving it. It drives very smooth, and handles nicely. My interior is all black, only cloth, but still very nice. I am very particular about keeping it clean so mine is spotless. It always feels comfortable.

The only issue I have with my stratus is that it accelerates slowly. Other than that, this car has been perfect for me. I do not look forward to the fact that mine has so many miles, I'm worried it'll start to go out soon. This worries me because I don't want to have to get another car, because I love mine!

Good Car for the Money
By 12220adc

2005 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 R/T sedan new in early 2006. It was the last of the 05's on the lot so got a significant discount from the sticker. Overall it's been a good car for the money. It's sporty looking, comfortable, versatile and fun to drive. After nearly 10 years of ownership and 116K miles later, the engine runs very strong. I've had to put money primarily into suspension components like the control arms and ball joints which has been a bit irritating.

Fun to drive. Sporty looks.

Better front and suspension and steering components.

Great Value Midsize Sedan
By jklag11

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2005 Dodge Stratus SXT Sedan 2 years ago with 64,000 miles on it. Just passing 85,000 miles now and have not had a single repair yet. Bought the car for about $5,000 less than a same-year Camry or Accord, and have not regretted that decision once. Besides the fact that the Stratus is far and away more attractive than either, it has a much more spacious interior and has very good handling for a mid-2000s midsize sedan. My only complaint to date has been that I tend to drive more city than highway, and have never been able to meet either the EPA (22 mpg) or Edmunds predicted (19 mpg) city ratings. Otherwise, very happy with my Stratus!

Attractive Exterior Styling Good Handling Excellent Visibility Comfortable and Spacious Interior Reliablility Strong Stereo Exellent Highway MPG (35+ on most trips) Smooth and Quiet ride Large Trunk

Poor City MPG (15-16) Strangely small trunk and pass-through openings make it hard to make full use of the large trunk for bulky items