Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

2008 Dodge RAM Excites!
By Paul

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

If you can live with lousy gas mileage this truck will make most any driver happy.

MEGA cab MEGA room
By Jason Applewhite

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very happy with the interior room, however would have liked to see Dodge keep up with GM on digital components like heat/AC. Plenty of power but will be searching for ways to boost mpg via exhause, chip, etc. Needed a big heavy duty truck and that's what I got. DodgeTUFF

Warranty Disapointment
By Matthew DiRuzza

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

When I purchased my vehicle it came with a lifetime warranty on the drivetrain. I was told by dodge corporate and sales people to keep all maintenance receipts and said warranty will stay if effect. There is a 5 year inspection that was never told to me. I did have the tuck inspected by a certified dodge dealer a two years after the 5 year mark! If the the truck passed at 7 years it would have passed at 5! Dodge corporate refused to reinstate my warranty even though I have every receipt for maintenance since I have owned my truck. Dodge corporate used the fine print over the employees of their dealership and refused to honor a certified report from the dealer stating the vehicle passsed. I would advise anyone looking for a new vehicle to look into any other brand but Dodge!
UPDATE: 09-16-2017 as of this date dodge still refuses to honor the lifetime warranty for my Dodge Ram ! This is a sad way for Dodge corporate to slap the face of myself and its employees. To this date my truck still passes the required inspection from a certified Dodge dealer however corporate still refuses to reinstate the lifetime warranty! This was the main reason I purchased the vehicle in the first place! Once again i ask all who are looking to buy a new vehicle consider any other type vehicle but a Dodge product!! They will do anything they can to void their own promotions!!! Dodge corporate should be embarrassed!!!
As of 03-19-18 still no call from Dodge ! They just want me to go away or for my truck to get wrecked for a total loss. How sad.

Baby blue !
By Andrew Dalessandro

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab LB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Great all around truck nimble steering in tight corners .

Good truck!
By Jeff Odessky

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned mine for 8 years. Almost 80,000 miles. NO issues that cost me big money or inconvenience. What more could you expect?