Used 2004 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews

Used Neon for Sale
Select your model:
12345...61

Pros
Cons

Power monster

Malachoz, 08/27/2003

Car is a power horse, flies like it had wings or should

Wish it was a two door but...

wreckless, 08/21/2003

This car is more fun than a barrel of monkey's. The only problem is all the kods want to race you. The car's handling is above average bur sprung softer than my previous ACR Neons. The quality of construction is much, much improved. Fit and finish is excellent. Huge spoiler takes some getting used to as it blocks rear view. The major plus is that wonderful engine. Wow! Oh, the seats are tight so if you are larger than you should in girth save yorself the trouble and order the R/T seats with the side airbags.

What's up with those damned brakes????

Andy Allison, 01/05/2005

I really love my car & the way it drives. It's quick, responsive, & fun. The engine is perfect for this car...it has just enough power for performance without a great fuel cost, all of which leaves me to wonder why Daimler put such a flawed & NOISY brake system on 'em. When I first start her up , regardless of environmental conditions, as soon as I step on the brakes I hear the most awful grinding/squealing sound coming from the wheels. With every subsequent stop the noise is reduced bit until several miles into my journey it stops all together. I have taken it into the dealership just to be told that the brakes are fine & there is nothing that can be done. What's up with that?

Almost 2 yrs later, 2nd review

Sharon S, 04/02/2006

Well, It will be 2 yrs in June 2006 that I have owned this car. I love it still. I have not had any problems mechanically with it what so ever. It runs great.Does very well in snow and rain. Glad I purchased it. Will buy another one in the future.Good job Dodge!

Best Car I Have Driven

Denise, 08/08/2018
SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I went from a 95 avalon with a slipping tranny to this car and I love it! I bought it off the previous owner for 1300 with about 163000 miles. The only issue I have had was replacing the radiator which is known to crack in these cars.It was fairly cheap for me since my boyfriend is a mechanic, about $160. Other than that its just the little things that do not mechanically affect the car, which for 1300 is a steal! Gas wise its great only spending like 25 dollars to fill up every week and a half to 2 weeks. Its very comfortable and a great get around car. I feel comfortable doing my occasional 6 hour roads trips every now and then. It really picks up some speed. Overall its a great car. No car is ever perfect there will always be something wrong with any car. For people mad about the radiator which is a common issue its good to look into a car before you buy and see what recalls and common issues there are.

12345...61