Used 2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

50000 and going
By Dave

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

16 months and over 55,000 miles, what you have is the very good, and the very bad. First the good, power, space for my big frame 6'3", 280lbs, and lots of boxes. Nice, but not overwhelming interior, nav, heated seats, adjustable pedals, all the good stuff. Now the bad, horrible dealer service, makes me want to go back to Toyotas, and Hondas. Priced the 60,000 service one dealer wanted $850.00, another wanted $470.00. I've had a thumping noise in the right front since 21,000 miles, been to the dealer 4 times they can't find it.Serveral rattles, in the dash, and hatch. I will not buy another Dodge simply because of the dealer service.

Power, looks, comfort. Features like nav, and the space I need without having to get a huge SUV.

Quality. Improve dealer service, simply the worst ever.

SRT-8 Automotive Art
By NICK PROSCIA

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I first saw the SRT-8 at the International car show when it was just a concept. At the time, I told my wife that if they build it I want it. I first test drove it July of 2006 and fell in love. I have been a GM person my whole life, but things were about to change. I have owned 24 cars from classic Impalas, Corvettes, Camaros and list goes on. I actually traded a 1996 Impala SS for the SRT-8. There is nothing bad at all to say about this car. Styling, comfort, and oh yeah, performance like you never had. I can carry my family of five around, or pick up a TV and still lay rubber like I was in a sports car. Cold air induction and a catback exhaust is now on order. Can never have too much power.

Turn off the ESP and use the SEQ shifter and you will feel the true powerband of this Hemi!

Louder exhaust

Nice Wagon
By Rollin

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Black metallic with blacked out windows looks cool. Nice bark from the 3.5L V-6 (don't bother with the 2.7 rental car engine, get the 3.5 or the V8 Hemi). Excellent highway handling. Great seating even in mid grade SXT. Quiet. Solid feeling construction. Cool interior.

Solid feel, good road car, good power with 3.5L V-6, reasonable fuel economy, looks cool. Excellent seating.

Turn signals easy to confuse with the weird cruise control stalk. Counter-intuitive cruise control settings. Sun visors difficult to position at side windows to block sun due to visor shape/small windows.

Comfortable, great ride, nice handling
By nocruelty

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is a company car for us. The 2.7 liter engine provides merely adequate performance from a stop and at speed, and I'd recommend one of the larger engines. The legroom is excellent for front and back passengers. The headroom is very good. The telescoping steering wheel is extremely helpful and complements the power driver's seat to find an ideal driving position relative to the fixed position pedals. The ride is excellent. Cornering feels solid and not as though it's a 4000 pound vehicle. Rear cargo space is limited, unless folding the rear seats. We've needed to use the optional roof rack during trips. Coupled with a bigger engine, this is a very fun, comfortable car.

Awesome car Dad!
By javaguyinaz

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had it 4 weeks, and I love the car. I have been approached twice asking about the car. I bought the car used, saved myself $4K. I will not miss my Surburban. My 8 yr old will only go with Dad, forget about the minivan.

Simple design inside. Silver trim inside is good, seats are comfortable. The 3.5 enigne has plenty of boost for the ride. I am still trying to find the blind spot that everyone talks about. But then coming from a Surburban, I guess I don't notice.

Work on the gas mileage, but then I have been averaging 20-21, with a 3.5 engine. Better than 12-14 with the Suburban.