Used 2013 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

Do. Not. Buy.
By Biggestmistake

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

It was probably the worst decision of my young life, buying this car. It's my second car. I bought the car brand new and the problems started within the first month. It has only 30,000 miles on it. Never in an accident. A few scratches due to trying to pry the fuel door open because it freezes shut. But in good physical shape.

Started with tire problems. I blew a tire on a pot hole that any decent tire should have handled with no problem. I live in Michigan so granted, our roads are terrible but you get really good at playing the pot hole game. You know the one where you swerve to avoid the big ones, hold your breath when you go over bad ones, and cringe every time I hit even a tiny pot hole. In the few short years that I've had it I've had to replace THREE tires due to them blowing out. Numerous patch jobs. I was told over and over that it wasn't possible to put "non low profile" tires put on so I just had to deal.

That's just the beginning. Within the first few months the electrical problems started. First the touch screen would just restart every so often....software update fixes that for a while. It started doing it again.
I also just dealt with that as long as it would come back on. Which it did. Until it didn't.

My heat and ac made weird noises that no one could figure out.

My odometer started flashing one day and would t stop. The mileage would go up as normal but it would just flash. Nothing else on my dash would blink. Headlights wouldn't turn on a few days later. The fog, daytime, and brights worked so the bulbs weren't burnt out. Rear lights were normal. The best part? This winter it started shutting off completely every time my ABS would kick on. Again, I live in Michigan. It's icy and this car is a POS. But the car would start right back up on its own a split second later.

Took it to the dealership and was told that basically the car wasn't recognizing the electrical system or something like that. Okay made enough sense to me.

A little less then a month later, I go to start my car this morning and it starts up fine. But my whole center counsel wouldn't work. I could use my Bluetooth via my phone itself but the screen was black. I could control the volume by the steering wheel controls but the physical knob did nothing. My heat was on full blast (I didn't leave it on full blast) and I couldn't turn it down/off because that knob was also not working.

I was told that in order to even figure out what was wrong with it, I'd have to replace the whole center counsel. Because guess what? That's how they diagnose the electrical problem. That would cost almost $2000 (not including labor) Just to replace it. Then there's still the matter of finding and fixing the problem on top of that $2000 + rental car.

I decided it wasn't worth it because I've long been looking into my options financially to get rid of this thing. Had it appraised at the dealership and guess how much its worth.

$5000. It was a deal to even get that trade in value. Yesterday it would have been worth $7000+ to trade in with the working screen. Even with the problems it was having. So go ahead and do that math. Needless to say, I signed the lease for a new car today.

The Dart scored a bullseye!
By Mark

2013 Dodge Dart Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Dodge discontinued the model in 2016. Too bad.

Dodge Dart Limited
By Alan

2013 Dodge Dart Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

NA

owned for 2 years, broke 3 times
By sherry dietlin

2013 Dodge Dart SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

after owning the vehicle for 3 months it over heated while in idle in traffic. found out there was a recall on the transmission. took it into the shop. a year later the vehicle stalled on us. took it into the shop, so far we have replaced spark plugs, something else i don't know what it is, and replaced parts to the engine. 3 mechanics and has been in the shop for 3 months the vehicle still doesn't run. when its in idle or in reverse it has minimal power and wants to stall. unfortunately worst investment we've ever made

Ok for short drives
By Mitch

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Don't know what you people are complaining about. Bought mine used with 25,000 miles and now have 48,000. It's definitely not a car to drive long distances in. Seats are uncomfortable for extended trips. The low profile tires suck. Already blew a tire and cracked the rim on a pothole. Other than that it has been a very dependable car.