Used 2001 Chevrolet Tracker Consumer Reviews

Used Tracker for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

I miss my Chevy Tracker

climberkev, 04/27/2011
2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend this mini SUV to anyone with a the need to economize, yet looking for fun reliable transportation. I drove the heck out of this car and over rough terrain even with out the 4x4 feature. Im one of those guys who packs so many essentials in my cars that I could live in them. I recommend the automatic transmission, changing the clutch is such a bother.

Catastrophic failure of subframe cross

Deborah, 11/10/2008
4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have loved this little car except for the exhaust system rusted out easily. I can't expect perfection from a car. But GM had issued special coverage with an extended warrany to 10 years or 150k miles for the catastrophic failure of the subframe crossmember which did fracture on my vehicle at 95k miles. Very dangerous. They have not sent me notification of this problem yet, they say they are notifying owners in waves due to part availability. Not smart.

I love it, I love it!

Tracker, 08/17/2010
ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is the best car I have ever owned! I am single, and if a single person can only have one vehicle, I believe it should be a 4 wheel drive. I can get out in the snow, but stay away from ice. I love the way it looks, perfect for hauling stuff around. I've used it as a moving van three times now. I've never had a problem, other than general maintenance; replaced a headlight bulb, windshield wipers, tires, etc. I've never even had to have the brakes worked on. It's absolutely perfect for me. I use it for everything, work, play, church, driving to the beach. And when I take it up to the mountains, I feel like I'm driving a BMW! I am so thankful! Can't imagine why they stopped making it.

Just right for mountains and snow

SoccerMom3, 10/22/2003
LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I live in the mountains and drive about 22,000 miles a year, and I've encountered no problems in snow, rain, or heat. It drives well and has never required anything other than routine maintenance.

My Wife Loves It!

Tevident, 06/21/2009
LT 2WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought our two tone black & Grey Tracker a little under a year now and it has amazed all that ride in it! i purchased way below edmunds private party price with low miles for a 2001 model (60,000) and the look and feel of the vehicle is amazing. My wife always comments on how she feels like its the little-big car! I'm always borrowing the tracker from her to use the cargo space it provides...Foldable rear seats and high roof work for me!

12345...7