Used 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Stay away!!!!!
By Donald Peacock

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My family and I love the room and the features. The eletrical issues are crazy. While driving the truck will shut off in the middle is the road. I figured out if I wiggle the negative wire the power may or may not return. I contacted GM a waste off time. The only thing they told me was to take it to the dealership and let them run a diagnostic. I told them that this has been done before and they could not figure out the problem. Leave GM products alone! And the rear differential went out at 75000 miles.

aworth Every Penny
By Joe Rouse

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Tahoe has been the best car I have ever owned. Rides good, runs good, looks good, and quiet. I am 71 years old and have owned many cars and this Tahoe is the best...

Front end failure
By TomL

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My wife loves her '08 Tahoe 4wd LT 5.3L. Like everyone else, the locks started failing. After the 3rd one failed GM made good on the repair of that one. The front end went and luckily it was under warrantee. The front end just went again.... not under warrantee. It's got 130k+ miles and going strong if I had a front end that didn't clunk. Won't take it on a trip unless it gets fixed and I'm not sure the car is worth fixing.

08 Tahoe LT
By Bryce Holloway

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Starting with the cons, the front end clearance is similar to a car, I recommend a leveling kit, the locks are garbage. However it is a very smooth ride even with the 20" wheels. The fuel economy has not gotten worse or improved, still sitting at 15mpg city/hwy combined. Towing is acceptable, strong power while towing and transmission stays cool during long hill pulls. I recently camped in the back of it for a weekend for a race event and was impressed with the cargo room (me being 6' tall) I slept comfortably. My only recommendation is to life the front end and beef up the brakes if you'll be towing quite a bit. Also, expect to replace faulty locks. Overall, I'm impressed with this purchase.

My LAST Chevrolet!!!
By 91notchback

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have and 08 4X4 LT2 model Tahoe. It is driven approx. 8000 a year. At about 38000 miles and 4 years old the rear passenger door lock went out. I replaced it myself. About 6 months later the rear drivers failed. I replaced it also and started looking into this issue. Last week the front passengers lock went out and I contacted GM. Why I don't know. I guess after 3 out of 5 locks actuators failing I thought they may stand behind their product. I was wrong. They said they couldn't help because my warranty was out. I said no joke my warranty is out, but this seems to be a manf. defect, can you not replace your mistake. They said nope. Sorry about your luck. This will be my LAST GM product.