Used 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Love of a lifetime
By Tim

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Nearing 200,000 with my Tahoe. The gas mileage is horrible of course, but the dependability is wonderful. I have had it for 14 years and she never let me down. Simple things had to be replaced like breaks and struts. The fuel pump and gas display had to be replaced and that's it. My wife wants me to sell mine but I love her the Tahoe I mean lol.

I'm dreading the day it stops running
By Nevin

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I can't believe what a reliable and comfortable vehicle this has been. I've owned Toyota, Chevy Luv pick ups, Pontiac Grand Prix, Dodge Colt, Camry, 1994 Nissan Pathfinder then I bought this SUV in 2003 used with 25k miles. Best car buying decision I ever made. I am at 199,876 miles as of 11/18/2017 and I replaced clutch in the transfer gearcase (under warranty) windshield wiper fluid container, oil pan gasket, rear main seal, water pump and brakes. New shocks and struts. Oil changes and routine maintenance. I believe I will probably get another 200k more from this awesome ride even though I ride it super hard. I love to floor it and pull corners hard. This car takes it. Ill continue to add parts until it just won't go. Not because of cost but because it rides smoother than the 2017 and 2018 chevy models. I feel paranoid about the powertrain, like I should trade it in. Took wifes Toyota in for oil change. The service manager told me to hold on to this vehicle. Said it is arguably the best vehicle for reliability ever made by Chevy. If you own one keep it.

5.3 liter 2wd, best vehicle ever
By earl

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2001 Tahoe 5.3 liter with 175K miles on it. Now have over 214K, uses no oil between changes, leaks no oil. runs like new. Best used vehicle I have ever bought. 18-19 mpg on highway..15 mpg around town. Love this vehicle.

As trustworthy and dependable and as an old dog
By Momma D.

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our 2001 Tahoe used in 2003 when our 4th child was born, and just downsized to a Honda CRV, in 2015. The most we ever paid for repairs was around $1000 when we needed 4 new tires. Our Tahoe was the MOST RELIABLE vehicle we have EVER owned! Never left us stranded anywhere, and could cut through snow like a hot knife through butter (we lived in Happy Valley where it could/did snow 8 mos out of the year) The seats were as plush and cushioned as theater seating, and we could always fit the kids' friends as well w/ the 3rd row of seats. The ride was always quiet -- something I really miss now. (Our CRV is reliable, but just not as quiet and cushiony inside). The day we traded in our Tahoe, was emotional for me--I felt like I had to put an old dog "down". The only reason we did let our Tahoe go was b/c the bottom was completely rusting out and wasn't able to pass inspection anymore -- that was a shame b/c the mechanics said the engine was "still tight"--but our "work horse" was ready to go to pasture. I'm sure in time I will love our CRV too, but in the meantime, it has some "big shoes to fill"!

Great purchase!
By Jeremy

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

These trucks are truly made like a rock. It's been the best car I've owned yet, were a GM only family. Just had the oil changed & 28 point inspection done this morning at my local Chevrolet dealer and the report shows nothing needs repair. She's a beast and accelerates great still. I've kept up with maintence like you should, have only had to replace the fuel pump and break lines ( car is from upstate NY originally - salty winters) The interior still looks new with the exception of very little wear in the drivers seat leather. Great vehicle for moving or hauling pretty much anything. A month or so ago I was in an automatic car wash and an Expedition rear ended me, my hitch stopped it from hurting my Hoe and busted their front bumper. I'll keep this baby til her last leg which I'm sure is another few hundred thousand miles.

If you come across a clean one with good service records, go for it, worth every dollar.