Used 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

DOD ruined these trucks.
By Nate

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck 3 years ago with 64k on it and it had a slight tap every now and the, quiet but audible. It came in spurts of 2 or 3 (tap tap tap) then it would go away for awhile. I brought it to a gm dealers attention and they told me it was injector noise. I always maintenanced the vehicle before the change oil light came on (around 9k). I changed the oil every 5k. At 94k i have to tear the engine to the block to replace the bs displacement on demand lifters, a problem that gm has had since they put this crap in their vehicles. Then the alternator went out at about 100k. Every 2k a sparkplug would crack the porcelin. It consumes oil, another thing gm knows about but refuses to do anything about. The truck may look pretty and be very comfortable to drive but its a unreliable POS i am a die hard chevy fan but this truck has ruined my faith in any new vehicle produced by gm, or any vehicle with DOD.

Poorly buily trucj
By Corey

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I havr had this truxk for years and have had nothinf but trouble. Wiring issues, mechanical issues, ac issues, the list goes on. Most of which were not covered in the manufacturers warranty, and now I know the reasons. Chevy knew there would be electronic issues when releases. I will be going back to Ford asap.

Love my Silverado
By Amie

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2010 Silverado for around 3 years. I bought it with 76k it now has 163k. I've replaced nothing but tires and oil. Absolutey love my truck. Wish it was faster but it's a great truck on and off road.

My last Cheverolet
By Mike

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have a 2010 with 88,000 miles. Rear wheel oil seal started leaking at 60,000, Both front wheel bearing out now. $ 1100.00 repair. Brake light switch has gone out twice. Gas mileage poor highway and city 20/13. Chevy has gone backwards on this model. The transmission shifts continuously at the slightest hill. Puling a 12' boat (1000 lb) and the highway mileage goes to under 15. My 2005 Silverado went 250,000 miles with NO repairs , other than brakes , oil, and filters, and got 21/17 MPG. Now (4/2017) the transmission has started shuddering when it changes gears. ( An indication of a transmission repair) . Troubles just keep piling up!!

Big Red Truck
By JAMES ANDERSON

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

At Times warning shows on screen that engine is over heating and AC has been turned off .However AC was not on to begin with and then the radiator fans kick on super high then when I can finally get it to dealer it goes back to normal operation.???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????