Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

Used Silverado 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...29

Pros
Cons

Great truck!

KoTToN, 09/15/2004
4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great all around truck with a lot of muscle.

Silverado Clunker

LA Watts, 10/27/2004
4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is a good looking vehicle but the constant clunking is very annoying. GM says that it is normal due to torque buildup between transmission and transfer case. They also say they have changed the transmission for 2005 model to eliminate the problem. They offer an extended warranty for free but I already have it. They sent an engineer out to drive it and he reported a definite problem but they still claim that it is normal. Why won't they stand behind their vehicle and repair the problem . Very unhappy with GM over this vehicle.

noisy and bad ride

mr. bill, 11/29/2004
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

has alot of wind noise, vibrations and there is a glunking in drive train when shifting up and down. dealer told me its normal for Z71 package terrible rides

FRUSTRATED

David Szymanski, 01/01/2005
4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

In one year this vehicle has been to three different dealer's,a total of eight times for repair. The breaking is terrible, drastick loss of power at times, clunking and grinding in drive train,leather seat seams split. This from what is supposedly a 37,000.00 sticker price... somebody had a bad day!!

Worst Chevy Ever

shopbum, 10/13/2005
4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a lot of GM products over the years, and never have I disliked a truck as much as this one. It has been one problem after another. First the cowl was leaking into the cab, then the rear passenger windows would not deal, the the keyless entry locked me out on about 20 occasions...I could go on and on. Never again will I buy a GM after the worst time in my life.

TNT SS

Mark, 09/11/2006
4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a nice truck. Driving, handling, and towing ability is great. The AWD is a nice feature. If you tow a boat, getting out of the water with those steep ramps is easy. The truck has a great look. The gas mileage could be a little better, but compared to the 5.3 gas mileage, that's not bad for 50 more HP. There are not many SS out there, so if you want something that is real and draws attention, this is a great truck in all categories. Just for a few more grand, you will be satisfied. Test drive says it all. I own two SS, 1990 454SS and 2004 SS. Both trucks are excellent.

Excellent truck

Brian M, 06/11/2007
4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several Chevys over the years and I have yet to find a better truck out there. Design is good reliability is good and you can't beat the resale value on a 4WD Chevy truck. Overall it's a versatile, comfortable, reliable, American made vehicle.

Supercharged Sport Truck

SuperCharged Sport, 08/21/2007
4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love to drive this truck! It has a Radix Magna Charger, Volant Cool Air Intake and an aftermarket MAF sensor. Needless to say it is very fast, pushing around 500 hp. Looks much better than the Ford and Dodge. It gets about 19 mpg on the highway and 15 in town, If you take it easy

Love My Truck

Doug from NC, 11/14/2007
4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My truck is my baby. It's ready for a night on the town or to help a friend move. It's never let me down and I feel safe and comfortable driving in rain or snow. The auto 4 wheel drive function is what gives me this feeling. 47000 trouble free miles and counting. My second Silverado and I will have it for the next 5 years at least.

Great for every day use

Steve, 05/20/2018
4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great everyday truck. MPG average 15-17 hilly /mountain driving. Hard to tow heavy loaded trailer 7000lb up hills. 67000+ no major repairs required. Love this truck.

12345...29