Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

Used Silverado 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...29

Pros
Cons

90000k

madman350, 09/09/2008
4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck still has 1/4" brake shoes left (f+r), which includes towing tandem trailer daily for 1 1/2 yrs. No one I work with owns a more reliable truck even those that cost 40-50K$. I peg the tach almost every day, uses nearly no oil, mpg avgs. 16+ city with AC; 17-19 hwy; 10-12 towing. Interior is very comfortable and no pickup has a colder AC. Here in FL I never have to run the fan past "3" for more than a minute to chase out 100+heat. The x- cab still has a 6'6" bed, Dodge has 6'3" which isn't enough. Much better ride than Dodge, and way better interior instrumentation than XLT Ford. Engine compartment is roomy, allowing ease of maintenance. The bed is low allowing easy loading of very heavy items.

great truck

scubie, 05/18/2004
4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

great for hauling, ext. cab good for child seat. comfortable to drive.

GM Excellence?

jdfosterdad, 10/09/2004
4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

1. We had engine performance issues from the start. The computer was reflashed 3 times. 2. At about 45,000 the engine began to knock when first started in the morning which sounded like piston slap, at 75,000 it was getting hard to start and compression on 3 cylinders was measured at 70-75 pounds. The motor had to be replaced. Since the motor, the transmission has had to be replaced. 3. We had performance issues, engine problems because of a poorly designed pistons and transmission failure, all were asked to be addressed under warranty and promises were made and in the end ignored. 4. Would I by another Silverado? I,ve been a GM customer for 30 years and can safely say NOWAY!!!!!

Best purchase of the year

chris, 12/18/2007
4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this truck used with under 26000 miles. Great truck and plenty of room for me and the crew inside the cab. Traded in my 1979 Silverado and haven't looked back. These Chevys are built to last as my last truck was a testiment to that fact. The 04 drives like a car and handles like a dream. The 5.3 liters is more than enough power to pass the folks doing 75 MPH in the fast lane. The Bose stereo has lots of thump for the headbangers and air guitarist. Caution air guitar is not recommended while driving. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing except for not buying this truck sooner.

Perfect homeowner truck

Ozzy, 02/15/2009
4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought it new Jan 2004. At 60,0000 miles I bought the first set of tires and brakes. ]I get 15 mpg city, 18 mpg highway with 4.8 liter. ] The 4WD is great in the northeast. Truck cruises at 70mph feels like a sedan, yes, there is road noise, its a truck. Nothing replaced so far, did not have to bring it to the dealer once! If you need or want a truck, take a serious look at a GM.

What you need.....a good basic truck!

Coach K, 05/05/2009
2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used with 41K miles on it. I was looking for a small truck but at the price and what shape it was in I could not pass it up. I bought this when the gas spiked up so I got it for $7,000. The V6 is a little under powered but gets you moving. I commute 30 miles everyday to work and I have gotten it to average 20, not bad. I have had zero problems with it. I would say if you need a truck for weekend work and want something comfortable, easy to drive, then a basic 1500 is what you should look for.

Don't buy this truck

optimus1013, 12/30/2003
4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck in Aug. I have had problems with lugging and am told it is normal by the dealership. Shift points are off. Dimmer lights have stopped working.I have had it in two times they still have yet to fix problem. If you want reliabilty and something you can be happy and proud of don't buy this truck. It is really junk.

Best Truck

Mikey2k01, 02/22/2004
4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I have ever owned.It has the bwst toughing of all the trucks I have had.It has the bwst toughing of all the trucks I have had.

ONE BAD ASS SS

Wayne P, 06/29/2004
4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Best vehicle ever made. It is definately the best vehicle I have ever owned. I look forward to the next opportunity to drive it. I have added dual exhaust with two flow masters on it. It sounds even better and of course the duals coming out the back look even better.

Not too sure

JayDub92480, 07/22/2004
4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I think I got a lemon. I have had it for only seven months and already had to replace the 4wd switch and e-brake sensor. I also have a rattle in the dash I can't get rid of. I am trading it in on a Toyota.

12345...29