Used 2009 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Gorgeous Ride!
By Steve Harden

2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

You can't buy more performance for the money. My crystal red metallic tint coat coupe is the best looking car on the road!

Low mileage, full leather
By Frank Dalton

2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Resale prices on these are VERY low. For me, best looking Corvette ever--and I had a new 1965 Fifty years ago. Amazing performance but no fun at seven- tenths. If you are in a position to drive 100+ mph daily, this is a great ride. At legal speed, not so much fun.

Less than 9,000 miles--mostly highway--in seven years. Always garaged. Always starts & runs reliably. Awesome performance. If you want a premium example of the previous Corvette body, check it out.

Vetteman
By John

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 2009 Z06 has been a great car over the past 6 years. Truth be told, we only have 19000 miles on the car but it has been everything we had hoped it would be when we purchased the car.

Best of the four I have owned, by a mile!
By chugcatsts01

2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my 68 in 1969, the 87 in 89, 05[C6] in 07. All convertibles. This is my first coupe and the best yet. The LS3 must be underated, it is way quicker than the 05 LS2. The standard obtions are too many to list. Mine is the 6spd Auto standard rear. The arctic white w/beige int is stunning. Mine has the Z-51 pakage and rides better than my wifes 05 Cad STS Northstar. She is jealous, just like anyone who hasn't had A vette. I was a CUMMINS Engine Dealer and understand tourqe. It is hard to beleive how well the traction control works. I know Corvettes for 33 years, this was a great find w/11,200 pampered miles. At 69 YO I have never had trouble with one. No one tries you at a traffic light!

The hands free calling gives a cell phone Carnegie Hall sound quality. I live in a concrete/ rebar Condo on the Gulf of Mexico and there ain't no cell owers in the gulf so when I want great reception in comfort I go down to the parking garage to have a pleasant coversation I go to the elevator and call from the vette. I must admit I only drive in dry weather [Fla. has some bad drivers], especially in the winter they are either lost tourists or folks to old to be driving. I am no kid either but this is easier to drive at night. Fuel mileage is great flat country at nearly sea level makes that sunshine even brighter. I dont miss the rag tops because after 40 years of outdoors rec ya get sun+

Short and sweet, none!

My first Vette, worth the wait
By Dave

2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm 38 and this is my first Vette. I've loved Vettes since I saw the old C3's back in the 70s, and finally bought an 09 Coupe last year, I've had it for almost a year now, with no problems whatsoever. I'm worried about when its time to buy new tires! Yikes! $1-2K, but I love the fact that I can take this car anywhere (ritzy neighborhood, fancy restaurant, meeting new people, clients, friends) and it is immediately accepted and welcomed, usually they are impressed and jealous! And of course you always get a few looks wherever you go. I bought the LT1 because I just wanted to have a Vette, didn't need all the cool features, although it would be nice. I get about 20 mpg, not bad.

The power, the prestige of owning this American icon, the gorgeous looks of the automobile, the torque, and surprisingly, a decent amount of trunk room..I can't say it "changed my life", but I do love driving it and have absolutely no regrets on buying it, even tho I sometimes struggle to afford it!

Wish the tires weren't so expensive, and it takes a little getting used to being so low to the ground and wide, oil changes are kinda expensive, $70- $80. Kinda wish the body were a little like the curvy Vettes of the 70s. But hey, its a beautiful, gorgeous Vette, how can I complain?