Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews

Used Colorado for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...40

Pros
Cons

Great Step Up From Old S10!

Rusty_fwg, 12/23/2004
4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

After driving and comparing many mid size trucks, I can now say I am more than pleased with my choice with the colorado. I have a reg. cab 5cyl z71 4x4 and have found it can get around in the worst possible places i could stick it. Gas mileage is good, better than a full size truck by far, and gets even better with a little weight in the back end. Has good sound and turns well. Factory stereo with tweeters is good, but will be adding a subwoofer for a little more umph. Tons more power and better feel than the new ranger, and is a lot better suited than the dakota. Best domestic small truck by far, I would tell anyone to pick one up!! Rusty

The Bitterness of Poor Quality

Bill, 07/01/2005
2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

In the year that I've owned this truck, I've gone through 3 sets of tires, 8 alignments, 2 body control modules, and 2 brake light switches. Chevy knows about a serious problem with the front suspension on this truck (they've issued 5 service bulletins to their dealerships on this subject) that causes the front tires to wear prematurely and excessive vibration. The truck won't hold an alignment. What is worse is that I've been in the process of lemon lawing this truck since March and Chevrolet refuses to acknowledge or take responsibility for the problem. The tires are so bad now that the treads are separating. Whatever you do spare yourself the horrible experience of owning a Colorado.

Love my truck

Chris, 09/03/2005
4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado when the S-10 that I was driving died, and it was a very good decision I must say. I was looking into other light duty trucks, but I am glad that I chose the Colorado. It get's better gas mileage than any of the other trucks I was looking at, and right now that's pretty important. What I was suprised about was that for being only a 5 cylinder truck, it has more power than I expected it to.

A Total Lemon

Matt, 05/01/2006
4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Colorado brand new, and have had nothing but trouble with it. It's died on me twice, I continue to have problems with the cd player. The AC squeals like a stuck pig, plastic molding had warped, carpeting comes up in chunks of fuzz. I've had problems with the ignition switch, airbag sensor, cruise control light, and interior paneling. The interior is of very cheap material and reeks of poor design. It's a sharp looking truck, and when it's not in the shop it drives and handles ok. Unless you're a die hard Chevy fan, I'd advise you to look elsewhere for a truck. Based on my experience with this, I'll never buy another Chevy truck.

2005 Chevy Colorado, Oh No!

Kevin, 08/07/2007
4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a brand new 2005 Chevy Colorado during the employee pricing. I should have walked across the street to the Toyota dealership. My truck has been in the shop over 20 times for AC, CD player, radio not working, tire balance, cruise control, AC fan only working on speed 4, broken seat handle, leaking rain water in the cab. The truck looks great and that is about it. I can't believe one vehicle can have so many problems. Never again! Sorry Chevy!

12345...40