Used 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

309,200 miles and still purring
By Julie Mays

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

4th car I have owned. Last one was good. One before was better. I got hit in my 1995 Beretta with a full tank of gas. The woman was traveling 50 mph. Didn't brake, just plowed into me. I didn't blow up. 4th car is the one I currently drive. I bought a 1998 Cavalier for 700$. She had 184,???, something. 7 years later, I have 309,200. Has a minor oil leak. But I don't mind. I have replaced the starter, water pump, tensioner and passenger side motor mount. Changed the oil and thermostat in 2010. That's it. I know buying any used car is a big gamble. My Cavalier has surprised me over and over again. Under the cushion in the back seat, there's a date burned into the seat padding. My seat was made on my birthday in 1997. Amazing. What I'm saying is. If you want a reliable car that has plenty of get-up-and-go, great on gas mileage and looks good with minimal maintenance, buy a Chevy.

1998 cavi
By Chris

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

My car is a 5 speed with 337000 miles and counting I'm the third owner and before this I had a 2004 also a good car reliable as can be.

My very first car, and boy am I happy wiith it!
By Jesus

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $850 from some shady dude. I was skeptical since it's my first time buying a car but I think I got a pretty good deal! Car has 208k miles on it and it runs like a champ. I've owned it for around 6 months now, drive it everyday for work. Gas mileage is amazing, 15 bucks fills the tank and it lasts around a week and half! It handles beautifully and it's pretty fast too. It currently has only 2 issues, the gas gauge went bad and it needs the passenger side engine mount replaced, but it's nothing serious or that can't be fixed. I truly recommend this car if you're looking for your first car.

My pal
By Rolling Cherry

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

My cavalier has been an amazing car! I purchased it in 2009 with 140,000 miles and now 9 years later it is still running with 224,000 miles. Of course as with any car, I have had to do regular maintenance as well as some wear and tear repairs. I had one major repair of the head gasket in 2012, but seeing as the car has continued to run great for another 6 years, I would say it was definitely worth the investment. This car gives me freedom to drive through town, explore in the the country and travel on interstate trips.

They just don't die!
By ahnalia

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought my 98 z-24 cavalier with 101k "highway" miles on it in 2003. I have NEVER regretted the purchase. I have only had to have 1 major repair done on it (housing case) in 11 years.

Mine has been through a lot. It has been stolen, and they hot rodded it and tore it up externally pretty bad, but it still runs. I let maintenence on it slip pretty bad over the years, and it still runs.

No matter what punishment this car has been dished out, it just does not stop running.
It also has some real "get up and go" when needed.

Coupe has nice body design.