Used 2010 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Don’t do it!
By Sara

2010 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I’ve had my car for about 3 years now and ive put close to 4000 dollars into it!!! It’s constantly breaking down. Just about everything on it has been replaced and it only had one previous owner! I wouldn’t ever recommend this car to anyone. Plus it’s a 2010 with roll down windows, and no electronic locks or anything. It is good on gas, but the cons completely outweigh the pros. I’m so happy to be getting a new vehicle! And I was upside down the stupid car, I owed more than it was worth.

Good 1st time car
By N

2010 Chevrolet Aveo 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2010 Chevrolet Aveo hatchback April 2015, I have now owned it for a year. This was my first vehicle so I was super excited about it, it only had 2800 miles on it and two previous owners. So it was still a pretty new car to be a used car (if that makes sense). It's a really nice car for a first time buyer, the only cons I would say I have is that it isn't really powerful and if it's windy outside it seems like the car "moves with the wind". That may have something to do with how small the car is, also I feel like if you have the AC on it feels like the car takes a little longer to accelerate. Other then those few cons I'm very grateful for the car I've been blessed with, and plus I will still have some trade in value for it. So that's awesome!

Meh
By Myrissa

2010 Chevrolet Aveo 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I wish I took the time to search for a better car but I was desperate. It was the cheapest car at the time but it is definitely not worth what you pay. I have a 2010 aveo and if you have a choice I would say DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!! I got mine used in 2014 with 73,000 miles, it was about six months before something went wrong. Now, the car has a new problem every single month. (that is not an exaggeration) Let me just say that is car was made very poorly and very cheaply.

First, it was the tube that connects to the mass airflow sensor. The tube was cracked but you could only buy the tube with the mass airflow sensor and GM was the ONLY place you could buy it. A huge scam if you ask me. They wanted $300 for the piece of plastic. I got it at a junk yard for $20. (Thanks BoBo)
I had to replace two wheel baring$$.
Had to get a new thermostat
The AC no longer works, its a $900 fix
Blubs have to be replaced because they are on all day.
Had to replace all spark plugs
Mechanics tell me the transmission fluid is brown as well as the break fluid.
There is problem more that I simply forgot.

Granted, the person who had the car before me may not have maintained it but I have come to really regret the purchase of this vehicle. I cannot wait to trade it in but it is going to cost me. I hope this review stops someone from buying this car.

For the Price its a great car!
By Thadious

2010 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for over a year now. Can't beat the price! I had to fix the a/c in it and replace the thermostat. However car runs great. Don't worry about people saying it has no power. I have no issues getting it up and going. When I went to buy it I was looking into a Mazda. This just for my budget better also as a owner of a 09 Chevy Cobalt. I am a huge Chevy fan. Best two cars I have ever owned.

It has very few shortcomings for the type of car it's generally classified as.
By inprogressing

2010 Chevrolet Aveo 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After three months of pouring $80 of gas into a 2008 Jeep Liberty, I headed up a car hunt with a top priority on fuel efficiency. I ended up with a 2010 Chevrolet Aveo, and it surprised me in so many pleasant ways.

It's a very effective little car, and then some. Despite some irritating features such as on star and day running lights, the car is extremely fun to drive. It glides like an eagle, quickly and quietly. Its powerful, both mechanically and electrically, and it uses a very intelligent design. It's pretty tough and durable for its size.

It looks a little less sharp than average for its size and type, but its roomy, comfortable, and reliable. I would recommend it, very highly.

Its power and durability are unexpected, but very welcome. In frigid four-season weather, it warms up to full function quickly. Its acceleration and responsiveness talent stuck by me during a rough challenge, and it toughly held out till I... and it... were through unharmed. And I've frequently found myself on snowy roads lagging behind slower moving vehicles that were much larger. The gas mileage all around is fantastic, especially city. 27 might be an understatement... Its layout is exceptional, too. The inside is set up for easy use, with cool things like a sliding cup holder and a hanging cover from inside the hatch over the trunk. Its got a great style to go with its open space.

I've never liked day running headlights. The windshield wipers it came with were a little weak. Some of the simple things like changing the cabin light and adjusting the driver's seat are a little harder than they should be. The on star is also really annoying. Their staff were nice enough the few times I talked to them during my brief trial, but the whole system and its menu were a real pain to use. The way it's integrated into the car is cluttery and distracting, and the technology is just yet more things to spend money on fixing if it breaks down. The instruction manual to the car is a little vague and unhelpful at times. Like how to change the aforementioned light bulb, for example....