Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews

Used Aveo for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Nice

Todd Loyd, 10/30/2006

The car is much nicer than any other compact I have owned. Bought as a second car and a grocery getter. This does more than deliver. It is smooth, quiet, comfortable, and has about as much power as you would expect from a compact.

New owner

december, 02/08/2007

Very fun to drive, although not a cold weather car by any means. If you live somewhere that it is below freezing a lot, do not buy this car. The defrost (outside of the main vents) isn't very good and it will drive you crazy. I've no complaints on this car yet. make sure you get auto door locks as it's optional. I do not have them and wish I'd gone for it. Get all options on this car, as there are not many - and it still will not cost you that much!

Great car for the money.

Matt, 01/26/2007

I would have to say without a doubt that the improvments in styling for the 2007 model sold us but I especially liked the new rear tailight design. It is much bigger inside than it looks although rear space is limited but feels like a much more expensive car than it is. The ride is good for a small car and handling is also good and makes for easy parking.

My little car

Rob G, 04/05/2007

I was very happy with this buy because its my first car. I needed somthing cheap and good. The look was great and the interior was great for the price range. What won me over was the look and the price and the miles this thing gets. I support American cars so I love this car. Sorry Yaris.

Engine Failed At 11K

Kevin, 05/17/2007

Very light weight, handles very poorly in wind. Gets a nasty screeching noise from doors or mirrors when driving in wind. Front engine crankshaft seal failed yesterday, lost all oil, damaged engine, oil/idiot light did not come on before engine started knocking. GM will only replace damaged parts, which is the crankshaft and bearings. Not pleased with that, should get a fresh engine and waranty. Manual transmission is already showing signs of problems, clunks into gear and sometimes hard to get into first. I am not a kid hot roding it. Its a commuter car, I drive it carefully.

Just needs bigger tires

wifesfirstnewcar, 08/30/2007

It's my wife's first new car and turns out I use it more than her. I just love it. We just came back from a 1500 mile trip and it performed perfectly.

Best Value

Ron, 08/18/2007

I was very impressed with the ride comfort an handling of this car. It is a vast improvement over subcompacts of previous generations. I really like the european stlying direction GM has been taking with the vehicles it has brought to market over the last few years. It is a little strained to accelerate up a hill starting from a standstill (but what the hell! it's no worse than our Jeep Liberty). The shift quality could be a little better, but here again, I didn,t purchase a Porsche. To sum up, in terms of interior and exterior styling, fuel economy, ride comfort, and handling it is a very good value for the money. I made my purchase chioce over Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris.

Bought for hr, want for me!

Sam, 06/11/2007

I must say that even though I purchased this car for my wife, I really want it for myself. I drive it any chance I get. It is actually quite sporty in both the design and handling. Very little came with the car, in terms of features but it is worth it! I have pretty decent credit and although I may not have gotten the best rate out there, I still feel like my payment is nothing. Most importantly, it is a safe, car with side airbags standard, and has a great crash rating (hope we never have proof of that!)

Nice Ride

AveoAngel, 08/30/2007

Being a full-time student with very little funds, I was very limited on which car I could buy. I didn't necessarily want the Aveo at first, especially after finding out that it was Korean made, and had some bad reviews. However, I have to say that I absolutely enjoy this car. I love how I don't have to be right on top of the steering wheel (I'm 5 foot even) The interior is cheapy, but really? I needed a car to get from A to B with the best gas possible for the less price. I found it. I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Chosen over Fit, Versa, Yaris, PTcruiser

road gypsy, 10/24/2007

I have owned Aveo 5 now for 2 weeks. I chose this vehicle over the honda fit because of price difference (about $3000), Versa because no fold flat or flip and fold seats, Yaris because I needed a 4 door hatch, and PT because of fuel economy. I also chose the Aveo because by far it had the best styling of all of them. The seat covers are durable and attractive and I loved the carbon fiber look trim. On to the driving, it is a much better driving experience than would be expected from a budget sub compact. It is quiet, zippy for such a low horsepower,and overall handles as well if not better than some of the pricier cars I have owned. Plenty of cargo room with flip and fold seats too! Love it!

12345...10