Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews

Used Aveo for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Aveo 2007 Electrical Problems

grams45, 08/19/2011

I have a 2007 Chevy Aveo. Within the past four weeks, my car would not start after sitting overnight..I had it charged, and purchased a new battery. The very next day, the battery was dead...a new battery mind you. I took the battery back to the auto parts store and had it tested. I was told the battery was good. This had been going on for a week. So, I took my vehicle to the Chevy dealership and was told that I needed an alternator. A new alternator was installed. Since it the inception of the new one, the vehicle still continues to not start. I took the new battery back to the Auto parts store...I had it checked and it read good battery. I insisted on a new battery and received a new one installed. Again, the battery test and a systems test is reading with a 120A as suspect problem somewhere in the electrical system. Please tell me what I should be telling the chevy/GM technicans in order to make sure my car is being checked correctly.

07 Chevy Aveo: Electrical issues

krystalb1, 06/18/2011

I have 69,000 miles on my car right now. A few months back, my horn went out, so I obviously checked for a fuse, fuse was blown so I bought fuses. As I was putting the fuses in, they were blowing out instantaneously. The last fuse I put in didn't blow out right away, so I turn the car on and all of the sudden the entire horn harnesss goes up in smoke, blew out my horn entirely. Mechanic tells me I can fix the problem which has potential to be expensive or bypass it and put in a "button" to replace the horn. As I was contemplating this decision, my interior lights went out and so did my outside lights, but only on the passenger side. Weirdest thing ever, any suggestions on what happened?

Cosmos turns 12 yrs in 6 months (July 2019)

Gray Lance, 12/12/2018
LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

"Cosmos" my 2007 Aveo sedan- he is 'Cosmos' gray - has been a great little car. I have yet to put 60,000 on him, but coming up on that. Other than tires (at the usual rate) and oil changes every 3,000 miles -- he is a gem of a guy!! Had to replace one tail light because neighbor kid put hole in lens with b.b. gun. My nephew replaced the spark plugs this winter and accompany wires as felt that after 11 years Cosmos needed some extra attention. Have not regretted buying this car and hope to keep him for another 10 years+.

My first car, my first baby

Claire B., 12/19/2015
5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My dad bought this car back in 2007 brand new when I was 13. He paid it off and when I got my driver's license, he gave it to me. I loved this car. It had all the bells and whistles at the time. Overtime things did go wrong though. The drivers door lock fell (common problem apparently), hinges were creaky and stiff, headlights burnt out constantly, and it did not hold up in accidents. That last one always made me somewhat scared to get in my vehicle. My first accident was in 2011. When I got t-boned in a parking lot. At 10mph my front axel was bent and my drivers door hinge was crumpled. Problems were fixed but never solved. Unfortunately a month ago I was rear-ended and because of the poor quality of this vehicle, it caused more damage than what the vehicle was worth. Being a 2007, it only had 54000 miles on it. I said my goodbyes today and am now beginning my search for a new car. It wasn't great quality but it was never meant to be. It was however a great first car.

Peggy's Review

peggy629, 09/02/2006

I like my new Aveo, but the gas mileage is not what I expected or was reported. I think it should have a switch where you can lock doors from inside.

In the Shop

stbone, 09/08/2008

6,500 miles - in for repair 4 times. 1 - bad light relay 2 - would not accelerate, bad throttle body 3 - overheating and no air conditioner, told it was low on anti-freeze. 4 - engine is bad. Knocked loudly from cam shaft. We are still waiting for a short block and head. This averages out to less than 2,000 miles per repair. The dealer has been Nice and Chevy is paying for a rental, but what a pain for a new car. And we bought a new so we wouldn't have to deal with this sort of thing. We are highly disappointed.

I Love Basic Transportation.

hawaiianbuffet, 09/11/2008

Just got a night work shift so I can catch the bus now after driving days for three months. Everything I expect from a $10,000 car with a $2,000 rebate, and another $1,000. from charging groceries on my GM mastercard credit card points. This Korean made car has a 1.6 liter engine to handle the load from the A/C. Since the Special Value doesn't have A/C, it has a lot of power. I drive 95% freeway and get 37 MPG. Same as a Cavalier with a larger motor. Seating is OK. Not plush. What else can I say about a basic car? Will buy another one in three years.

Good Economical and tough car

middleofnowhere, 09/18/2008

I work in construction and drive in the dirt every day. My work is all over Southern California. This is a well put together car. When I first bought and it was clean, I took wife and friends out to dinner several times. Lots of interior room. Now my car is constantly dirty, so I only use for work. I get 27 mpg with AC running and mixed driving. During winter I get about 30 with mixed driving. Interior is functional. Good ground clearance. Very happy and recommend.

Happy to have one!

Joey V, 10/14/2008

I once had a Ford Escort but that was a while ago. I drive 48 miles 1 way to work, and drive on the coast of Califonia. Speed limit 65. I work early so no one on the road and I drive 60 mph. Nice ride to and from work, getting 38 mpg. It will be my 14yr old daughter's in 2 yrs and she loves it. Big change from my Suzuki XL-7 which my college son drives now.

Great Car

Bob B, 11/07/2008

I have the 4 door sedan. Never had a problem. Took the car over from my daughter who moved to Chicago and didn't need a car. It would have never have been a car I would have bought. It tuned out to be a very pleasant suprise. The fuel mileage has been great and the room inside is unbelivable. We had 5 adults in the car and I am 6'4. I put really good tires on it and it runs at 80 mph on the highway with no problem. Easy to park. I take it from Detroit to Chicago twice a month (4.5 hour drive) and it's comfortable. I wouldn't want to take it across the country but I'm old and like big cars. Great car for the money, 3 of my neighbors have bought them since I got mine.

12345...10