Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews

Used Aveo for Sale
Select your model:
1...5678910

Pros
Cons

Good Car

Aveo2007, 07/20/2007

Overall driving experience witht this car has been good. A little slow on pick up when going up inclines but other than that I have no complaints.

Love this car, more room than expected

epgirl, 08/01/2007

I'm really enjoying my Aveo. It's fun to drive and gets great mileage. We drive all aroung town with 4 people in it all the time. That's two adults and two teenagers, and we're comfortable. The only problem we've had is a bad oil pump at 5000 miles. It was fixed with no problem.

GM got their act together on this one

Bordeaux, 11/16/2007

I have owned my little Aveo for almost 8 months. I have over 28K on the car right now, no problems, excellent gas mil, avg 35mpg. It's the little things that make this car really worth buying. It's the lumbar support, the rubber on the knobs on the interior, the power everything, the antenna integrated into the rear window, the easy to work on engine compartment, the well placed cruise control buttons, the mp3 jack, the six disc changer, spacious truck for such a little car, the head room in the interior. This car was made to be the perfect commuter vehicle. It is just one of the best buys you can make, add all the stuff and throw in the rabate and 0% that I got on it and its a steal.

Good long Hauler

Living in NY, 03/20/2008

We just got our Aveo in December. I used it for a business conferance to Lake Geroge - 350 miles across southern NY. I set the cruise at 70 for most of the trip. I'm a big fellow - 270 - and I felt the car was pretty peppy. Lots of head room and body room. And considering I averaged 34 mpg, I think the car's a good deal. The dealer sold the car to us for just under 12000, including rebates. All we added was cruise control. We only have three thousand miles on it, but so far it runs like a champ. By the by. I had good winter tires installed at purchased - along with extra rims. The car handles very well in heavy snow and on ice with those tires.

turns out to be ok

christopher wilkins, 03/22/2008

I have come to love driving it but it lacks acceleration and the miles per gallon are not that great. I estimate that I get maybe 15mpg as oppose to the 26 to 32 that I have seen posted on the sticker. The head room is great, as for the leg room which can become an issue with passengers in the back. I like the handling around corners and how smooth the ride is. All in all, I've grown to love the cars qualities as well as its downsides

What's Not to Like

phil, 12/08/2007

Got tired of commuting in my SUV getting 20mpg in summer and 18 in winter. Bought the Aveo on Edmund's study of lowest vehicle cost per mile. We get 31 to 34 in the city commuting and took one trip of 300 miles one way. 31 into the wind of 20+ mph and 38 coming with the wind. Has plenty of power for most needs. Haven't found anything to complain about. Does what it was made to do. Economy car shoppers beware of the foreign car hype of high gas mileage, we rented several of them before buying and found them to be lacking in mpg from what the manufacturer advertised. This is made by Daewoo plant to Chevy specs, but at least our money stays in the USA. Good job GM.

Great car for a great price

brooklyn, 04/17/2008

This was my first new car and I have not been disappointed. It is practical in terms of price, but very nicely designed as well. It is a small vehicle, which is perfect for fitting into small parking spaces, but inside it doesn't feel cramped. Additionally, Chevrolet offers a great warranty, which I haven't had to use yet, but it good to know it is available if needed.

Good and sad

ReC, 04/18/2008

I bought this car mainly for the fuel economy: (1.6L 4cyl 5A) 25-30. We were so happy until--15,000 miles and bang, major repair, in shop for a week now, waiting for parts in drive train/control arm. This is a major disappointment. The car is light in the high winds! Should have bought the Toyota Corolla for 2k more.

Don't believe the window sticker

Jeff, 05/01/2008

There is plenty of room in the front, although the seats could be more comfortable for longer legged people. The styling is similar to many others on the road now, and can be made to look pretty sporty. The worst drawback is the mileage. I drive 40 mises a day,35 of it no the freeway, and it averages 31 MPG. Not too good for a 1.6 liter four cylinder with almost no horsepower. I bought it thinking it would be alot like the Geo Metro only bigger. The Metro was quicker,and got half again more mileage, Boy do I miss it!

Nice basic car

JDS-Omaha, 02/07/2020
LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car was bought by my mom and I got it after she passed 5 years ago. It's been a great little car. It is just a basic one with no electric anything. I do now have a small oil leak from the valve cover or somewhere dripping on the exhaust. I can smell it when I run it for a while. Other than that I have only had to do new tires and oil changes. I hope to keep this car until it dies, which I hope is a long time. It only has 29k miles on it and I hope it runs for a long time.

1...5678910