Used 2012 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Not your fathers Buick
By Bill Craven

Sit in the rear seats

Where do I begin??!!
By Jonnyess

2012 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first "American" car in estimated 1M lifetime miles....Toyota, then Nissan, always had what I wanted to drive...6 speed, coupe, leather, sunroof etc. Well, that all changed in recent years and I didnt want to splurge on an Audi simply because prefer a manual transmission. Doing some research on my next vehicle after my Altima Coupe turned into a money pit at 155k, I stumbled onto Buick and the redesigned Regal with its 6sp turbo. I did tons of consumer research before purchasing, and all indications were favorable. Fast forward 2 years this week, and here's my laundry list: MPG has never approximated the published EPA estimates - Turbo lag is very pronounced in lower gears...-front axle and wheel bearing needed replacing at 30k (CPO warranty covered) - trunk light fixture failed at 30K (not covered)...the GPS SD card fails intermittently, system reboot needed to recover...bluetooth will randomly disconnect from my Android, has actually completely redacted itself from the vehicle on 2 occasions...lack of rear camera is mind boggling at this price point (as others have mentioned)...the rear trunk will randomly fail to open...the OEM carpeted floor mats are comically thin and low quality...the interior lights will randomly fail when opening car doors in a dark garage....the passenger visor tension rod failed at 40K, cannot be repaired: $120 for replacement. The drivers side seat heater has failed at 57k...the stereo IQ reverts to default settings once the car is turned off...received 2 CEL codes accompanied by loss of power, white exhaust, rough idle at 50k...warranty had expired due to date of vehicle initial title...fuel injectors were replaced ($900) and dealer advised "we spoke with GM tech support, and that white smoke from exhaust MAY be due to cracked piston..." !!?? Received 2 different CEL codes within 24 hours, brought vehicle back to local dealer, {who was in the process of going out of business, but checked the vehicle}, advised gratis the problem was not the "throttle body" as indicated, and suggested I bring to another dealer for a deep dive. After 2 days, dealer called and advised I need new engine or complete rebuild, as there "was no oil in pan...it was throughout the system" and the exact cause simply could not be pinpointed. GM refused to extend the expired warranty, despite my arguments re low mileage, finally agreed to meet me halfway and the engine rebuild subsequently cost me $3300, on top of the $900 I had just spent on the initial problem. Unlimited mileage/12 mo warranty. The car now drives beautifully as one might expect after this type of spend. The handling and ride have always been top notch, and the design is clearly a head-turner. GM is the problem here, and this will likely be my last purchase.

Buick Regal
By Dam

2012 Buick Regal Premium 1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Take a great car with a strong motor ie 3.8 and cheapen it with a 4cylinder. And a bunch of cheap ( bling) plastic and you have a Regal save your money a KI A is cheaper and has a better warranty oh yea it’s fasrer!!!!

Watch out
By John Person

2012 Buick Regal Premium 2 Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall a nice driving experience but had lot of trouble with this car. Recall, wheel bearing going in less than 60,000 miles and the dealership could never fix the problems with the front seat. Brought it in 5 times and it never worked right. I had problems with the lumbar support, when they fixed that the seat heater didn't work. Brought it back and they said it was fixed but it still didn't work. Each time I brought it in I had to make a new appointment so they could "send it out." Long story short the dealership could not make it function and GM would not let me take it anywhere else since eventually the warranty expired. This will be my last GM for a while. By the way, once I sold the car I could still open locks, start vehicle, etc. since it was still connected to my smart phone. Beware the "internet of things" and whatever you have connected to the internet. This is a big security risk of these vehicle.

Real sharp Regal. Hybrid with like new appearance
By Patrick McGregor

2012 Buick Regal Premium 1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

One owner, garage kept, cleanest car you will find