2018 Buick Regal TourX Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Buick Regal TourX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal TourX model:

Affordable Stylish Wagon
By Greg

2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

There are only a few choices in the American market for a true wagon and most are quite expensive except for the Outback which I don't view as a wagon and is certainly not stylish. I had an AWD Cadillac Sport Wagon before and would have bought another but they discontinued it. Frankly the TourX is better in every way. Although powered by a Turbo 4 it has enough oomph with the 250 HP & helpful 295 lb.-ft. of torque to move nicely, abet, more HP would always be nice. We have the Black with Shale interior, Essence trim - all options and the MSRP was around $41,600. Comparable wagons like the BMW, Audi and Volvo are much more $$. The fact that this is an Opel is actually good as it's made in Germany and known to be a good car. We don't have many miles on it yet but our 1st impression using it is it's a very roomy and good looking wagon that handles and rides well. No dislikes as of today.

a short but revealing test drive
By Tom

2018 Buick Regal TourX Preferred 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I spent 15-20 minutes in this car with a salesman on board, so no hard driving involved. Was impressed by the feel of the brakes and steering as well as the ride, which was not wallow-y at all. However, I did not drive it hard so no conclusions there. Low speed ride was solid, steering and brakes responsive and not over servoed. Felt the engine was a little bit tepid for a car of this mass, I could see having to mat it frequently when picking up speed. Also has the expected turbo lag down low from a stop but nothing too objectionable. Quite roomy inside, tons of cargo space. Controls, during my short drive, seemed logical and easy to operate. Overall I would like to spend more time in it and drive it a little harder to see how it behaves. One note, there was a small rattling noise over bumps, I suspect it was the sunroof but could not verify.