2018 Buick Regal TourX Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Buick Regal TourX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal TourX model:

Rented UK Vauxhall/Opel version
By Rental Driver

2018 Buick Regal TourX Preferred 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We rented the UK version of this car so I can't speak to the US version in terms of engine. The rental used a diesel engine that ran great and got great mileage, I don't know the US engine. I had never even heard of Vauxhall and was looking for information on this car here when I found it was the same basic car. We drove all over the highlands, narrow winding roads at highway speeds, small towns, and some city driving. This is one of the most comfortable cars I've ever driven. It handles really well on windy roads. The parking aides and sensors were really useful as this is a big car for a lot of UK spaces. The passenger space is really roomy and comfortable. The storage space is incredible. I wouldn't buy it without test driving the US engine, but everything else is top notch. I've seen reviews try to compare it to Subaru wagons. Its not an off road vehicle, it's a much nicer drive for anywhere else.

New Regal Tour X
By John

2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought new regal awd, and so far very impressed . Love the adaptive cruise control and spaciousness of the cargo available. What impresses me most so far, is I drive 50 miles a day, and the gas ,mileage is great. I've had the 2.0 turbo before so always loved its performance and handling ability . Have nothing but good things about this auto so far. When looking at suvs ,,,and how much they are compared to what I got for the money and add the gas mileage, will tell all very nice auto for the buck. Ps,,, Never thought would own a wagon, but this is not your grandfathers wagon either lol .

Affordable Stylish Wagon
By Greg

2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

There are only a few choices in the American market for a true wagon and most are quite expensive except for the Outback which I don't view as a wagon and is certainly not stylish. I had an AWD Cadillac Sport Wagon before and would have bought another but they discontinued it. Frankly the TourX is better in every way. Although powered by a Turbo 4 it has enough oomph with the 250 HP & helpful 295 lb.-ft. of torque to move nicely, abet, more HP would always be nice. We have the Black with Shale interior, Essence trim - all options and the MSRP was around $41,600. Comparable wagons like the BMW, Audi and Volvo are much more $$. The fact that this is an Opel is actually good as it's made in Germany and known to be a good car. We don't have many miles on it yet but our 1st impression using it is it's a very roomy and good looking wagon that handles and rides well. No dislikes as of today.

a short but revealing test drive
By Tom

2018 Buick Regal TourX Preferred 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I spent 15-20 minutes in this car with a salesman on board, so no hard driving involved. Was impressed by the feel of the brakes and steering as well as the ride, which was not wallow-y at all. However, I did not drive it hard so no conclusions there. Low speed ride was solid, steering and brakes responsive and not over servoed. Felt the engine was a little bit tepid for a car of this mass, I could see having to mat it frequently when picking up speed. Also has the expected turbo lag down low from a stop but nothing too objectionable. Quite roomy inside, tons of cargo space. Controls, during my short drive, seemed logical and easy to operate. Overall I would like to spend more time in it and drive it a little harder to see how it behaves. One note, there was a small rattling noise over bumps, I suspect it was the sunroof but could not verify.