2021 BMW X7 Hybrid Consumer Reviews

$74,900

Save as much as $40
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

2021 x7 40i

Ogcargeek, 12/21/2020
xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I lease multiple cars for my family every 2 to 3 years. I have driven all the luxury brands including Benz, Lexus, Infinity, and Volvo. I've driven all types of cars also including, roadsters, sedans, SUV's, and EVs. The 2021 X7 is the most refined and luxurious vehicle I've driven to date. This thing is ultra smooth and quiet. Car and Driver compared this to a Benz GLS. GLS had the extra insulation option of more sound deadening insulation and dual glass and the X7 was still quieter at all speeds. IMHO I think Mercedes are a bit overpriced. Luxurious yes, but doesn't handle as well and their engines are a notch less refined and not as efficient as BMWs. This X7 is a rock solid vault. At 90 miles an hour it feels like you're going 50 and driving on glass. BMW's inline 6 and perfectly calibrated 8 speed transmission is considered one of the best on the planet. Other than the x7, I've leased 5 and 7 series with the inline 6 and it's by far the best engine/ transmission combo I've experienced. I had a 7 with the fantastic v8 also but the smoothest in my opinion is the inline. I test drove everything, even a Tesla and Ford Expedition. Not only was the X7 the most impressive but BMW' s lease program was one of the most competitive.

Amazing vehicle

BMB, 06/28/2021
xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

BMW’s X7 is a fantastic full-sized SUV. It is amazingly refined inside, and is plenty fun to drive with the I6. The idrive system is intuitive and is easy to customize. Everyone who rides with me has positive comments - and I always get “nominated” to drive to lunch at work. I could not be more impressed with this vehicle. The heated armrests seemed gimmicky - until I used them throughout a looong Minnesota winter. The Harmon/Kardon audio system is great, and the “driver assist” has redefined highway road trips. The interior is perfect, the most comfortable I have ever driven in. It is QUIET and SMOOTH. Sport mode actually makes a noticeable change in performance. I am a huge fan. No buyer’s remorse. 10/10.

Unbelievable Vehicle

John, 04/27/2021
xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I have leased many vehicles over my adult life from most of the luxury brands with the exception of BMW. My wife and I went to the BMW dealership to look at a X5. While waiting we saw the X7 in the showroom and requested to test drive one. I was completely blown away with how luxurious this SUV and how incredible it is to drive. Excellent acceleration, great technology and incredible ride. Have had the SUV for 2 weeks and I have never driven a nicer vehicle. Truly the ultimate driving machine!

Favorite car

Ron Spiess, 09/29/2021
xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I've been blessed to be able to afford almost any brand of car I desire so I've had a bunch of high end cars (Rolls, Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes, Cadillac and more) so I know quality when I see it. My X7 40i. is the best SUV for the money available . First class assembly, Superb ride, Silent cabin - equal to the Rolls, and drives like a sports car. As composed at 120 mph as it is at 70 mph. BMW has a new meaning - Beautiful Machine Wellmade. Tremendous Value.