Used 2015 BMW 2 Series Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used 2 Series for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

will never buy any other luxury car.

Frank Shea, 04/09/2016
M235i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Still only luxury car I would buy. Love it everytime I drive it. Have owned virtually every high end brand, nothing is nearly as satisfying as my BMW.

Great Drivers Car

Larry Robertson, 06/09/2018
228i 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My 228i is a six-speed manual transmission. Great for getting that sporty-car feeling. Plus, the shifting is easy and the gas mileage is great (26 city; 35 highway). The ride, on COMFORT is very smooth. Select SPORT and it firms-up a little. The seats are VERY comfortable. It is a little clumsy to get out of the car. You sort of have to climb up and out. Definitely a younger persons car ( I was 73 when I bought the car). BMW service has been good. I have had ZERO problems in the 1 1/2 years I have owned the car. Mine is an M-Sport model. A little sportier than the standard 228i. It has the Track Handling Package. Brake dust is significant and requires weekly cleaning of the wheels. But, this is a really fun, comfortable car to drive. Driving it is always fun, especially with the manual transmission.

Update on BMW 2 series

calv316, 04/28/2016
M235i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

On my last review I was having an issue with the front passenger power seat which the dealer (Dave Walter, Akron OH) has resolved. My car is 2 years old and works perfectly, love the sport mode. Still not a fan of run flat performance tires though, having had two flat tires and I would like to change where the USB port is (minor). I am very pleased with this purchase and highly recommend the 235i xdrive.

Just bought a 2015 BMW 228i coupe

Earthwateruser, 05/06/2019
228i 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Update November 2020 - Still loving the 228i. The turbo 4 cylinder has plenty of power and the 8 speed automatic transmission is as good as an automatic can be. Solid powertrain. Handling is great. I took it to the BMW dealer for an oil change that cost about $100. Reasonable enough considering they put synthetic oil in. The car decides when the oil needs changing, but defaults to once a year for my low mileage. I think that's probably excessive given the synthetic oil. Speaking of mileage, we took a road trip on back roads down to Virginia and I got 34mpg! Better than my prior Fiat 500 Abarth. Amazing. I highly recommend buying a lightly used 228i if you are looking for a comfortable coupe. Still don't like the Continental run flat tires, but they don't seem to be wearing out. Love the iDrive infotainment system. The map is very, very user friendly, none of that touch screen BS. Great car. Update May 2020 - No changes to my previous review. I still love the car. Nothing much to report except the passenger side door unlock (via the touch sensitive handle) doesn't work 100% of the time in really cold weather. Something about a misrouted cable in the door. But the door can always be unlocked using the remote or the inside unlock button. It's a minor issue and not worth opening up the door to fix it. Replacing the cabin air filter is a bit of a pain, but can be done in about 10 minutes w/ a small torx driver and some patience. Still hate the run-flat Continental tires, but they are wearing very well and handle well. Just getting a bit noisier as they age. Looking forward to a simple BF Goodrich tire. The iDrive interface and navigation systems are excellent. A bit of a learning curve, but once you figure it out it's the best system out there. My Nissan's navigation system is SOOO bad it's nice to see somebody do it right. My Mineral White over Terracotta leather 228i is loaded with features and the performance of the car with the 8 speed automatic transmission and 2.0L turbo 4 cylinder is outstanding. It has the standard 17 inch wheels and Continental run-flat tires, but I will replace the run-flats with standard tires when they wear out to improve ride quality even more. You can drive the car hard and sporty or smooth and comfortable. The 228i offers refined ride quality, luxurious and quiet interior, powerful and efficient powertrain, great looks, small size, amazing technology, and excellent handling! -Update November 2019 - The 228i is a real gem of a car! I've taken a couple of long road trips and it's a very comfortable highway cruiser. It's also the perfect car for weekend jaunts and errands. The handling and ride comfort remain exceptional and while more power might be fun, the 2.0 liter turbo has plenty for me. The motor can sound a bit harsh on start-up, but it settles down after a bit of driving. The ZF 8 speed automatic transmission remains smooth and confident, but can be a bit jumpy on the one-two shift in slow early morning commute traffic before it warms up. But that's picking at nits, the 228i is definitely the best car I've ever owned (beating out a wonderful Honda Accord EX-L V6 that I bought new back in 2000). Although the seats are comfortable, If I were to buy another BMW, I think I might look for one w/ the sport seats to gain additional lumbar support, increased side bolsters and the extendable thigh support. Somewhat surprisingly, I'm amazed at the usability of the BMW navigation system and iDrive interface. The navigation maps are VERY detailed and the iDrive interface reduces driver distraction considerably. People also pan the tacked on appearance of the display screen, but up on top of the dash is much better than looking down and away from traffic/roads. We have used the BMW's navigation system to discover TONS of otherwise unknown local scenic back roads and navigate tricky urban environments. Compared to the essentially unusable touch screen interface in my Nissan Rogue SL, the BMW iDrive system is a dream to use. The iDrive control of other features is also very efficient once you get used to it.

Awesome is the only way to describe the BMW (F23)!

Dennis, 10/27/2015
M235i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The handling and ample room influenced my decision to order a 2016 BMW over the Jaguar F-type and Audi TT I was considering. At just under $55k, my car was ordered with the optional M exhaust, technology package, drivers assistance package, M performance side sill kit and 438M orbit grey wheels. Although I don't care for the rim colors, I have made arrangements to get these triple chrome plated. It should set off the Melborn Red Metallic paint and black convertible roof. Being from the Shreveport, LA area, I found an outstanding deal in this custom order with BMW of Dallas. Ryan Chong worked out a no hassle deal that was outstanding as compared with local dealers. Thank you Edmunds, Ryan and BMW of Dallas. I would highly recommend this vehicle and the 4 year warranty along with the included 4 year maintenance contract are an added bonus when buying a car of this status. 12/20/2015 *After 12,000 miles I am still loving the car. 10/29/2016 // 10/31/2019 The car is still running strong and with 80,000 miles it is still like brand new condition! Love it Respectfully, Dennis