Used 2013 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

Love this car
By Tamara

2013 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Put it in sport mode and acceleration is fantastic. Regular mode, acceleration. Is good but sport mode is super sporty. The roof I can put up or down while waiting at a red light it’s so fast and easy. The handling is everything you’d expect from a BMW. I don’t have navigation so I did not rate that but I always use my phone for navigation anyway so I don’t miss it and it’s nice having a clean dash that’s not lit up all the time. I was amazed at the amount of space in the trunk and it’s so easy to get large things in, I just put the top down load it up and put the top back up! I can transport way more than a regular sedan because I can get larger things in and out with the convertible top. The convertible is so nice when driving around, the winds not bad, I can have the top and windows down and wear a cap on the freeway with no problem! It’s been a great car and I love it!

Great used Car
By Mark

2013 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great used sporty vehicle.

2013 BMW 135is
By Scott Gravitt

2013 BMW 1 Series 135is 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car for the young or the young at heart. Most should consider the car as a two seater with occasional back seat use for young kids. Very fast, very reliable, and very smooth running in line 6 cylinder. This BMW was my 2nd after my 1989 325is. I've always been a fan of BMW but think the company has lost its way over the last few years. This car along with the new 2 series is as close as one can get to the old E30 BMW.

Great performance sports convertible
By Bill

2013 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is very well balanced and handles perfectly. Nice compact size with plenty of power and acceleration. It will give any car on the road a run for its money. Much less expensive than Porche, Vette, etc but as much or more fun and able to carry 2 additional passengers for short distances. Would recommend the BMW 135i to anyone who is a "driver"

Material quality and standard features are awful
By Jill

2013 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Sorry, I can't agree with the other 128i reviewers. I bought this 2013 128i used, having previously owned a 2004 330ci for 6 years. Granted, the 330ci had Premium package and the 128i is base. But the Sensatech seats and door material on the 128i look cheap, and the black shiny plastic in place of the wood grain or titanium trim is just plain tacky. The 330ci felt like a luxury vehicle. The 128i feels like an entry-level Hyundai or something. I actually just sold a Hyundai Genesis 2.0T Premium, which had keyless entry, keyless start, universal remote, moonroof, nice trim, automatic dimming mirrors and good bolstered seats. It cost about $24k new. The base 128i has NONE of those things, and cost over $33k new. Yes, the driveability is much better than a Genesis (but noticeably worse than a 330ci). The gas mileage is worse than both of these other vehicles. Overall I'm not overly impressed with the 1 series. It feels like a step down (even with more power than the 330ci and the Genesis) and a step backwards in time. The BMW enthusiast in me wants to get rid of it as soon as possible and get a 2 series!