Used 2002 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews - 333 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

15 years old and still going strong
By Stephanie

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I am the only owner of this 2022 Acura RSX. It's been garage kept both at home and at work for the full 15 years. It's probably spent less than 15 days outside overnight. It has 118,000 miles with not a bit of rust. I have it detailed every year after the winter. There are a couple of "blind" spots which I overcompensate for but other than that, I love this car. It does require premium octane gas, 92 or better.
I sold this car in June 2017. It was time. The person who bought it was thrilled to have it!

Best purchase I have ever made
By Zach Gill

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This car has been unbelievable the first 9 months of ownership. I bought the car with 88k miles and am at 97k and the journey has been amazing. The combination of fun, reliability, and great gas mileage make this car a perfect investment. The steering is incredible and handles like a dream, the 2.0L 4 is incredibly peppy and high revving making it extremely fun. I feel like i've had the car for so long yet I cant wait for the next drive. The only cons I have for the car are the seats. The seats in this car are basically sitting on a rock, which I don't mind being young, but many of my passengers begin to be uncomfortable (also due to the sporty stock suspension) after awhile so seat pads may be something to invest in following the purchase of one of these . I am also 6'2" and I have to keep the seat as low as possible, leaving a very small amount of headroom when I keep my back straight.

"Baby Blue" - D's 2002 Acura RSX
By Ms. Denise

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my RSX brand new in December of 2001. I have 115,000 miles on my car and it still runs like a dream!!! Not to mention, it still looks great! I have put some money in it over the years but it's pretty much been routine maintenance. I had to replace the clutch at around 100,000 miles but that's the only major work I've had done. I love the ILX but even if I decide to purchase it I think I'll still keep "Baby Blue" because she is a true "viking". I say if you have an RSX, keep it. It's such a good car.

great car and inexpensive
By stewart reiman

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

t is a sports car, not a family car

Awsome Vehicle
By rsxc

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned two '02 ACura RSX's Premium. Bottom line is that they are very reliable. They will last a long time before they break. But like any car once they break they will cost a small fortune. Most aftermarket retailers do not carry the parts that usually break on this car. This means you must go to the the dealer to get the part, which can be hole in your pocket. All in all, I love this car. It's very cheap on gas, it has a very attractive sporty look, it's got all the goodies like: leather heated seats, heated powered mirrors, power windows and doors. I would definitely recommend this car.

Leather heated seats, power heated mirrors, power doors and windows. 2.0L VTech engine. 2 doors

this car needs very little improvements. maybe improve so that it doesn't rust.