2004 Volkswagen R32 Consumer Review: Better than the GTI, and AWD t

2004 Volkswagen R32 - Consumer Review

Better than the GTI, and AWD to boot!!
By kevbelz on

2004 Volkswagen R32 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car to replace my 1.8t GTI. I was moving from New Jersey to Montana, and wanted a sports car with AWD, to help get me to the Ski resorts in sporty style. This car is Awesome, I have owned 9 cars over the past 17 years, the last 4 cars were volkswagen's. This car is simply the best I have ever owned. Great traction in the Rain and Snow (as long as you have appropriate tires, the stock tires are NOT for winter), and a 241 hp v6 engine that is faster than most cars.

All the styling extras that one would put on a normal Golf or Gti, if one was inclined to do so (including front side and rear spoilers). A truly MEAN sounding exhaust note. Add to that the AWD and the fact that you'll only see 5000 of them in the US, and this is an instant classic.

Exhaust flapper which limits sound level at lower RPM's in accordance with German law has to be done away with. Many owners in the US have already modified this "feature" by themselves.