Fun at the start but not when needed!
By dubvhill on
2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
I bought this car used and heard nothing but good things about VWs. I thought i was getting a dependable car that would last a long time. I was wrong, but must say it hasn't died completely. About a year into my purchase the check engine light came on. Being a poor college student, making it on his own, didn't have money to fix right away. Long story short 4years $7k in and the check engine light is still on. Making money now to fix, but tired of the circling fuel system of death. I am waiting for this car to die to buy a new car. My luck will be this car goes forever with the check engine light on. At the end of the year I will donate to train fire fighters, so the misery will die.
Favorite Features
Very good suspension, very responsive and very comfortable for a taller guy. Enjoyed the good times that I got from it.
Suggested Improvements
Cup holder in wrong place. Broke so long ago forgot I had cup holders. The fuel system is the worst I have ever dealt with. Those were the two thing that have Destroyed me from ever buying an Audi or vw again. Back to Honda/Acura.