2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: You can have your cake and eat

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

V6 Double Cab (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.1 ft. Bed)

You can have your cake and eat it too !!
By James K. Hoy on

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving trucks for exactly 20 years now. Through this time it has been my experiance that you have to give up performance to achieve a vehicle that is suitable for work. With the new Tacoma, those days are over. I have a Crew Cab, Pre Runner, with the TRD Sport package, a V6 and the SR5 set up. This truck not only tows my work trailer, (a 5' x 8' cargo loaded with cabinet installation tools),effortlessly, it's sharp to impress a date with, it handles like a dream and man will she fly when you turn her lose. I traded in an '02 Ford F150 with the 5.4L. Its payload was rated higher but other than that, this truck out performs hands down, and it's al ot more fun to drive!!!!!

It's hard to pin point what my favorite features are on this truck. It drives like a sports car with the payload of a truck. The interior is more comfortable then any mid-size, 4 door sedan that I've been in. The premiem stereo package (6 disc, 7 speaker with sub- woofer) sounds like a home stereo.

Though I love the new tie down system that comes with the bed. Low tie catches in the front of the bed like the one's in the back would be helpful for smaller loads. Other than that, just keep up the great work...