Toyota is not my mother
By MSP3304 on
2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
This 2010 Toyota Sequoia is my 4th new Toyota purchased. My platinum has every possible option available. I am very happy with the vehicle overall. However, Toyota's legal dept is ruining Toyota. The Navigation and factory remote starter are useless. As soon as the vehicle is in motion the NAV locks up so that not even your passenger can enter a new address or search for fuel or food. So basically you are forced to pull over into the break down lane (which is not only illegal but dangerous) to update your NAV. Also the RADAR cruise control does not work when the windshield wipers are activated. Give me a break Toyota, I know how to drive in the rain.
Favorite Features
Red rock interior, third row fold up seating, radar cruise control
Suggested Improvements
Take the locks off the navigation, Install a remote starter that you can actually use remotely
By mjagger
on 06/07/11 07:05 AM (PDT)

I believe the Sequoia's cruise control is laser-based, not radar-based. Lasers may not work properly when precipitation is heavy, so perhaps that is why Toyota locks it out when the wipers come on? Laser-based systems are generally less expensive than radar-based ones, but they have some limitations.