It is what it is
By mgoods24 on
2013 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have owned my PC2 for 6 months now and have put just over 7k on it. I purchased it to be my commuter vehicle. I wanted something simple, reliable, and efficient. The PC is all of that. My wife and I took it on a 1500 mile road trip and found it more than comfortable enough for two people and gear. The only disappointments I have with it are some rattles coming from inside the dash and I have not achieved the fuel economy numbers others have mentioned. Averaging 44-45 over the life of the car. This is a small complaint since very few vehicles can get that on their best day. *Note to residents of colder climates. I notice about a 10% drop in fuel economy under 40 degrees F.
Favorite Features
All the standard features, dash layout, seat comfort, best looking small hybrid
Suggested Improvements
Center armrest, build quality, more storage
By davidsvolt
on 03/10/14 00:26 AM (PDT)

I bought a 2014 Volt for 22,195 after fed and Ca. State rebates. I get 280 mpg on my daily 56 mile commute. It is very fast (0-60 in 8.5 sec) and handles great. I can go 48 miles on a single charge that costs about one dollar. After the charge depletes it automatically switches to the gas generator and can drive another 300 miles before needing to fill up. Unlike most Electric vehicles the Volt has unlimited range. Most Chevy volt owners get 900 mpg if the drive less than 40 miles per day. Yah, 900 mpg. I currently get 130 mpg lifetime average and climbing daily. By Jan 2015 I anticipate I will average over 200 mpg lifetime average. Why buy a Prius? When I wanted a car with better milage I thought Prius too, but today there are so many better choices. There is nothing like dropping the Volt into Low and sport mode and gunning it, and the gas motor never comes on. 274 lbs of torque at 0 rpm makes the Volt a blast to drive.