Used 1990 Toyota Pickup Deluxe Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

The little Toyota.
By Jason

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the pickup at 170,000 miles less than a year ago. It has the 2.4 L 22re engine in 2wd, with a manual trans. The engine, transmission, rear end, and drive line are all original other then routine maintenance parts. (Belts, spark plugs, etc.) The pickup runs perfectly, always starts on the first try, and I know that I can depend on it. Even though it is 20 years old, the interior is pretty nice. The seats are comfortable, and have a large range of movement for different sized drivers. It is a perfect truck for anyone. May be used for tons of different functions with ease. Daily driver, farm, work, etc.

Fuel economy. Being a 4cyl, 2wd, manual pickup, I get around 25 mpg combined. Very dependable. Excellent reliability. Functionality of a full size pickup, without the gas guzzling.

Mine does not have AC. Luckily in western Oregon, we never really have severe heat.

My Truck
By Eric

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought mine used in 92 with 28k on the clock. I still drive it and now have 160k miles. Not one mechanical problem. I have done recall on head gaskets. Seems to out 4x4 many other pickups. Just took my wife and two kids camping last weekend pulling a pop-up. We got 18.5 mpg! I'm so impressed with this truck, I think I'm going to do some custom work to it and keep it another 17 years. No Rust!

Clearance, quiet, reliability, mileage, looks. Body panels are relatively thick, frame is boxed! Try to find that on most new trucks!

The motor is underpowered from the factory due to emissions. Drivers side seat wears with use.

my truck
By beth alexander

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

my truck is very good to me. i drive about 40,000 miles a year and being a small woman, it's the perfect size.

color, interior and overall sytle.

airbags are a must, since its a v6 it does take a little bit more gas then i'd like.

always there when you need it
By daego3

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the truck at 7 years/74,000 miles. Since then I've put another 100,000 on it making long distance trips all over the South. It has moved virtually every piece of college furniture I own, yards of dirt, and held up to 5 people on football game roadtrips. The reliablity of the truck makes one wonder why they ever owned a Chevy (rust), Ford (rear end and motor), or Mopar vehicle (you name it), which would have fallen by the junkyard wayside long before it could reach the mileage of the capable Yota. I fully expect to get 250,000 + miles on the same engine, transmission, and rear end.

Reliability. This is the vehicle you know will start everytime, and not break down in the middle of a long trip.

better gas mileage, more interior room, tougher body panels, smaller turning radius.

A wonderful experience
By justin11

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got this truck as a hand-me-down from my father. He drove it the first 100,000 miles and I took it after that. In all the time that this vehicle has been in my family, (12 years now), it has been SUCH a great experience. The only issues I have had with this truck stem from it being on the salty New York roads for 12 years. I was expecting this car to last me a few years while I was at college. While my friends are on their third and fourth cars by now, I still have my toyota.

Change the oil and it will last FOREVER!

Toyota has covered anything I would say here in their later models.