1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
The little Toyota.
By Jason on 09/03/10 16:03 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the pickup at 170,000 miles less than a year ago. It has the 2.4 L 22re engine in 2wd, with a manual trans. The engine, transmission, rear end, and drive line are all original other then routine maintenance parts. (Belts, spark plugs, etc.) The pickup runs perfectly, always starts on the first try, and I know that I can depend on it. Even though it is 20 years old, the interior is pretty nice. The seats are comfortable, and have a large range of movement for different sized drivers. It is a perfect truck for anyone. May be used for tons of different functions with ease. Daily driver, farm, work, etc.

My Truck
By Eric on 09/02/09 13:49 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought mine used in 92 with 28k on the clock. I still drive it and now have 160k miles. Not one mechanical problem. I have done recall on head gaskets. Seems to out 4x4 many other pickups. Just took my wife and two kids camping last weekend pulling a pop-up. We got 18.5 mpg! I'm so impressed with this truck, I think I'm going to do some custom work to it and keep it another 17 years. No Rust!

my truck
By beth alexander on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

my truck is very good to me. i drive about 40,000 miles a year and being a small woman, it's the perfect size.

always there when you need it
By daego3 on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the truck at 7 years/74,000 miles. Since then I've put another 100,000 on it making long distance trips all over the South. It has moved virtually every piece of college furniture I own, yards of dirt, and held up to 5 people on football game roadtrips. The reliablity of the truck makes one wonder why they ever owned a Chevy (rust), Ford (rear end and motor), or Mopar vehicle (you name it), which would have fallen by the junkyard wayside long before it could reach the mileage of the capable Yota. I fully expect to get 250,000 + miles on the same engine, transmission, and rear end.

A wonderful experience
By justin11 on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got this truck as a hand-me-down from my father. He drove it the first 100,000 miles and I took it after that. In all the time that this vehicle has been in my family, (12 years now), it has been SUCH a great experience. The only issues I have had with this truck stem from it being on the salty New York roads for 12 years. I was expecting this car to last me a few years while I was at college. While my friends are on their third and fourth cars by now, I still have my toyota.