2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Consumer Review: Fantastic car - one year updat

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid - Consumer Review

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

Limited Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Fantastic car - one year update
By hayguy on

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After owning this car for one year and 16,000 miles I I must say it is the best car I have owned. I have owned many cars.
Among them Corvette, Lexus, Mercedes, and several BMW's and although each has their own claim to fame the Avalon hybrid Limited overall is the best. Comfort, quietness, interior and exterior styling and quality, handling, power and features, and best of all mileage put this in its own league.
I consistently meet or beat EPA mileage estimates even at freeway speeds of 80 mph plus. I can easily travel for several hours without stopping and in complete comfort.
My next car in three or four years will likely either be another Avalon hybrid or the Lexus variant.

I have come to really like the adaptive cruise control and find the side and rear warnings very helpful especially in parking lots. The automatic high beams features also works well. I have adapted and become comfortable with the navigation system and find it every bit as reliable as previous Garmin Nuvi's although there are features the Garmin has that would be nice to have -- e.g. speed limit and altitude information, and better ETA calculation.

The only thing I kind of miss is heated steering wheel in the winter. It would also be wonderful if all wheel drive were offered as an option. That would take the qualms out of fowl weather driving conditions that we experience in the northwest.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review