The Little Car that is Often Overlooked
By bryan on
2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
I absolutly love the Scion xA. It runs a bit rich from the factory so changing to iridium spark plugs and a performance filter will increase fuel mileage to over the EPA rating. This car has kyb shocks and will carve a curvy road like a knife with the TRD upgrade springs. The interior takes a bit to get used to but once you do you find it extremely convient. This is the finest Japanese engineering I have seen in along time. The engine internals are forged including cast iron sleeved cylinders. I find the automatic to be more fun then the manual, we have one of each. The automatic has more top end and goes through the gears better giving you better gas mileage. I cannot think of a better car to recommend.
Favorite Features
I love the steering wheel radio controls, excellent stock suspension and braking, and the placement of the tachometer and speedometer.
Suggested Improvements
It should have more incriments on the speedometer and brighter blue guage cluster illumination. The car should come with Toyota's performance springs stock for those who really like to hit the curves hard. Also, floor mats should come from the factory. It could use HID Headlights. The xA needs to come with a turbo like it does in Japan.