2006 Scion xA Consumer Review: Expecting improvement

2006 Scion xA - Consumer Review

Expecting improvement
By Joseph on

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car three weeks ago and so far the car is responding okay. The only problem I see is the MPG performance, for the last 3 weeks I have filled my tank 4 times and driven only 600 miles. That is ~ $90 or 30 gallons which translates into 20 miles per gallon. So I took the car to Toyota service and was told that they cannot improve my car's mileage and they checked for leakage. I would like to know what I should do to bring my car's MPG up. I have also noted the need for extra horsepower and some shaking when driving over 80mph (more than what is expected). I feel the comfort when in front of the steering wheel and the fun of driving a small car.

The design and build quality are adequate for this size. The auxiliary audio input is also perfect to connect your ipod.

a >10,000 dollars car deserved a digital dashboard. More db for that Pioneeer audio system would be great.