Used 2006 Scion xA Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Excellent Little Car
By lowryder@bikerider.com

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2005 Xa Scion in 2007 with 31,200 Miles.
I have driven it for nine years so far. Regular oil changes,tires, and spark plugs. It has been the best car I have ever own so far. Now at 315,000 miles I can not complaint. I have replaced the alternator once at 260k miles., One driver side rear bearing around 279k miles, the water pump at around 302k miles.Front brakes only one time. Battery about 3 times. I have done the work myself so the cost of parts is the only expense. Most of my driving is freeway miles. I drive it about 100/150 miles a day. A/C works very good since I bought it no problems.
I love my Xa scion , I wonder how many more miles I can drive in this vehicle.

Damn, I never thought I would leave Corolla
By dalboysoccerstar@gmail.com

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a fantastic investment. I bought it brand new ( my third Toyota ) at now 650,000 miles of money in the bank. I loved my Corolla's and my Scion X/A has been excellent in every capacity imaginable. I am quite serious when I say, I have never had a single repair. Tyres, wipers, one battery and oil changes, that is it in almost 10 years. 95% of my driving is highway, so I have never changed out brakes, repaired transmissions or my clutch, it has been so maintainence free, I forgot where the latch was to open the engine compartment when I first changed my oil. It does have a higher road profile, so wind can push you a bit..... I wish I had bought two of them and mothballed one. I coach football ( soccer ) it is dirty, grassy, full of 30 balls, pitch disc's, target jerseys, and filthy kid's. PERFECT!!!!!!

Excellent xA!
By xajohn

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After owning various small cars:
- '56 VW bus
- Ducati 160
- 1956 Chevy Carryall (stovebolt 6 - $25 very used)
- Fiat 1100 R - 2nd car best, Dunlop's, non-syncro 1st led to next car (ex could not figure out 1st)
- Toyota Corolla (2TC hemi 1600) only lasted
439,000 miles!
- Plymouth Champ (8 speed 1600)
- '74 Bug
- '85 RX-7 (oh well - sports car days)
- '91 Geo Metro - 56 mpg until vacuum lines died
- Now driving '04 scion Xa (154,000 miles so far) update - 189,000
Wonderful, the best of the lot as to handling,
seating, view out (although rear blind spots.)
Optioned w/ rear anti-sway bar, front tower
brace, handles like a go-cart, twice the power
compared to the Metro
Have had to replace A/C compressor (150K) rear wheel bearings (100 K + -) each bearing assembly costs $300 before installation !
Print shop nearby has 3 xA's w/ 320,000 to 450,000 miles - still going strong - their automatic transmissions & A/C's have all been replaced though.
With luck this will not ever need to be replaced .....

Great Car
By rodgerterrey

I
have been looking for a O.K. priced mpg 2 wheel F.W.D. ...I have had 4x4 trucks, off road "ROCK CRAWLERS" & they all get poor mpg 10 to 13 was best!!!!
I have gotten out of "OFF ROADING" &wanted
a good ,fun , reliable, car for myself & after much, much, much reserach I bought a "SCION XA" & I'm loving it!!!!!!
I have found after driving it for 5mo. there is a awfull glare off the dash (after getting used to the speedo location) so I bought a "DASMMAT" cover & had all windows tinted....MUCH BETTER....

M. P.G. s!!!!!!FUN TO DRIVE!!!!! price of gas-only 11 gal. very roomy for such a "toy" sized car!!!!

poor placement of cup holders-can get used to-!!! poor placement of speedo-can get used to- way too much use of plastic!!!!!!

Great little car
By j

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This has been the BEST car I've owned. Yes, it's little. Yes, it's basic. But if you want something that is awesome on gas mileage--39-40 mpg mixed and extremely reliable, this is your car. I have put over 86,000 on my XA w/o any problems. It handles great in the snow w/ decent tires, you can park anywhere and it always started--even when it dipped around 30 below.

gas mileage