Turned down 2008 model for this 2007 one.
By smokythediesel on
2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I bought my 2007 in 2009 with 22K on the odometer. I now have exactly 55555miles on it. It has an automatic transmission with manual mode. A few days after purchase at a local GM dealer the wind deflector (plastic cover under the front of the car) disintegrated taking out right fender cover with it on the highway. Same day I had bought all covers and hardware at different local Cadillac dealer. Installed it myself and noticed that the old cover (pieces of it) was new (paper still attached to it) and had only half the required screws installed. I already knew the dealers are criminals, so I do my own maintenance on all of my cars. This was the only problem I had with my saab 9-3. I love it!
Favorite Features
2007 looks won me over, not to mention 15K price for a car that still looked and smelled like new. The ride is smooth and quiet. The manual mode can really turn this car into a speeding deamon. Seats are very comfortable and most importantly soft, unlike some other premium cars I had tried. Seats warm up quickly. Maintaining it is also fairly simple. Engine oil is only Rotella T6 5W40 and changes at 5K mile intervals exact (no moisture or deposits on the oil cap). Gas mileage is very good at 28MPG combined, which gets even better at higher highway speeds. The handling is truly impressive, but only after upgrading to 17" wheels and high speed tires.
Suggested Improvements
This is note to self: Factory brake rotors and pads are defective filthy junk. Soon after purchase installed ATE premium One rotors and Akebono Ceramic pads: WOW. stops on a Dime, everytime and no dust or noise!! Factory tires could not wait to get rig of at 28K miles. Upgraded to high speed Toyo Extensa (great even in the snow, I could not believe it). Many plastic pieces of trim on the outside and inside are GM cheapies, so watch it be gentle with them. Currently have entire set of door panels and seats in the basement (ebay purchased from a like mine sedan with only 12K on the odometer) because this one is a keeper. There currently no recalls on 2007 9-3 I hope this review not spoil that!