2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silhouette model:
Pleasant ride
By AZmutants on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We've had this minivan for about 3 years now and have had only one minor problem with a sticking brake. Otherwise, no other warranty work required. It rides smooth and has nice acceleration for a minivan. Definitely more spacious than many of the other brands.

Family Car
By hdean on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent road car. plenty of room for six in captain's chairs. Peppy on road for expressway entrance and around town .

Transmission
By T S on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Beware of transmission problems. I'm not a rough driver, and I've just bought my 3rd transmission and only have 66,000 miles on it. I've had it looked at by a few different transmission repair shops and all of them said that GM didn't do a very good job on this transmission. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Poor transmission
By Shera on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My Silhouette has been great until at 31000 miles my transmission died. It was in the garage 6 times prior to it dying and is still not fixed!! I'm not too impressed with oldsmobile or General Motors.

Very Pleased
By Mark 1 on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I drove from Indianapolis to Philadelphia easily on 1 tank of gas (33 mpg). When I have it washed and waxed, it is an eye catcher (All black w/ gold package). Very comfortable to drive.

Great car
By Steven Dessauer on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have for it for 2 years with no troubles great car!!!!!

Olds Silhouette - A Best Buy
By mpkcj on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has performed very well; the 5 yr, 60000 mile warranty was used one time for a gas pedal proble; other than that it has been very reliable and comfortably hauls the family and the boys' friends everywhere. Best car purchase we made in a long time.

2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette
By P. Carey on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette GL 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have experience no problems with this van. It is a fun and enjoyable to drive. The interiors is clean and neat design, with lots of room for all.

Do Not Buy
By kendra james on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first and last experience with an Oldsmobile. The check engine light comes on more than the headlights. As for comfort, interior design, etc. I wouldnt know...I spend more time in a rental than in the van. All in all.. I am not impressed in the least.. I am an American and proud of it but trust me...buy Japan...

Definitely consider this van
By hawk27 on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette GL 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a very impressive vehicle. The ride is excellent, and the fit and finish are exceptional. We drove Honda, Toyota, Ford, and Chrysler, and this one had better acceleration and handled well both on the highway and around town. The seats are confortable and there is ample room inside for the family and friends. This van is also reliable, despite many hard miles on short trips.