2002 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: A mixed bag

2002 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

A mixed bag
By Cleanshot on

2002 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been a mixed bag. The engine, transmission, and interior have held the test of time. It currently has 130K miles, but right around 100K it turned into a money pit. In the past 30k miles I have put close to $5K in it for weird things like a new brake system and electronic engine mounts. It's always gone to the dealer for regular maint. The worst part is the suspension. It's crap! The road is absorbed through the steering wheel and the struts always feel loose. I've also had a constant wheel shimmy that we live with. I will keep it as long as possible, but I just bought a second car Lexus ES 350. It's no performance car but I love the ride.

Interior space, engine, and transmission. The way the engine responds when you step on the gas.

Unable to update factory navigation system. High cost to maintain. Horrible ride and suspension. Too much road and wind noise. Horrible turning radius.