2000 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Quality car

2000 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

GXE Sedan (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Quality car
By duke on

2000 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

This is an update of an earlier review of my 2000 Maxima. I've owned it now for 3 1/2 years and I have to say that overall, it is the best car that I have ever owned. Objectively speaking, this is a quality car, with few problem issues. Yes, I have had to spend $700 to replace the ignition coils (as mentioned by many 2000 Maxima owners), plus another $250 or so to replace an O2 sensor. However, overall, it has been a very good value and near-luxury in execution. It now has 120,000 miles on it and the engine is as strong as ever. It needs minor bodywork, but I have decided that I will get that done, as I plan to drive this baby for another 3 years.

Engine, acceleration, overall solid quality, stock stereo not too bad, cloth seats are very comfortable, great for long trips, cruise control, steering, fold down rear seats. Yes, I would buy another Maxima.

Nissan should have recalled those ignition coils! They turned away a lot of their customers on that one. The suspension could still use a bit of work, too many noises and sometimes bottoms out. The auto climate control often doesn't deliver the proper temperature based on the desired setting.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review