Quality car
By duke on
2000 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan
This is an update of an earlier review of my 2000 Maxima. I've owned it now for 3 1/2 years and I have to say that overall, it is the best car that I have ever owned. Objectively speaking, this is a quality car, with few problem issues. Yes, I have had to spend $700 to replace the ignition coils (as mentioned by many 2000 Maxima owners), plus another $250 or so to replace an O2 sensor. However, overall, it has been a very good value and near-luxury in execution. It now has 120,000 miles on it and the engine is as strong as ever. It needs minor bodywork, but I have decided that I will get that done, as I plan to drive this baby for another 3 years.
Favorite Features
Engine, acceleration, overall solid quality, stock stereo not too bad, cloth seats are very comfortable, great for long trips, cruise control, steering, fold down rear seats. Yes, I would buy another Maxima.
Suggested Improvements
Nissan should have recalled those ignition coils! They turned away a lot of their customers on that one. The suspension could still use a bit of work, too many noises and sometimes bottoms out. The auto climate control often doesn't deliver the proper temperature based on the desired setting.