2013 SV Leaf Review
By leaf_owner on
2013 Nissan Leaf SV 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)
My commute consists of 5 days a week 33 miles each way on mostly highway (55-60mph) with limited city traffic. I can drive back and forth to work on 1 charge with no problems of range as I pull in my home with about 30 miles of range. You must get a home charger as the trickle charge (regular 110 outlet takes to long to charge). I installed for $1800 the AV Charger which is a 220 volt/30amp charger which charges the car from empt to full in 3-3.5hrs or about 26 miles per hour of charge. The information above is based on driving in April and May in Central NJ. I have not driven the Leaf in the colder temperatures but I will post a follow up this winter.
Favorite Features
1) Zero emissions 2) Fun to drive 3) Cost savings (my lease is 299/month with no money down and insurance is 100/month. I save in gas $11 per day and since I no longer take the toll roads another $5 per day. So the car really only costs me $119 $299 Lease + $100 insurance +$40 electric - $320 gas/tolls savings =$119
Suggested Improvements
Option for larger battery pack and stronger A/C.
By budreaux1
on 01/08/14 17:36 PM (PST)

I'd be curious to hear your comments now that cold temps and snow have arrived in Central NJ.