Used 2012 Nissan 370Z Coupe Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan 370Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2012 Nissan 370Z Coupe

View reviews for a specific 370Z model:

370z - finally...bucket list item checked off!!
By Dan

2012 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've wanted a Z car since I was a kid - seeing the 300zs and the progression to this car draws me closer - the lineage is strong and makes the car special in a way only car guys (car people??) would appreciate. I am tired of seeing reviews calling the car rough or loud or whatever...I'm not really sure what folks expect when they make a choice to buy a car like this.

Yes, the car is rough and tumble. The shifter vibrates. The clutch is heavy and abrupt. The engine is coarse and loud....and I love it. This is one of the last true machines that makes you feel connected to the car. It is very mechanical and industrial feeling rather than overly finessed and neutered. It rewards you when you spank it right but can absolutely make you look like a high school kid if you don't focus on your around town shifts.

Taking it through the winding wooded roads of connecticut is where this car becomes downright amazing. Hearing the exhaust ricochet through the woods, feeling the car build momentum and feeling the extremely rigid chassis in corners is just a drivers dream situation. And this is what the forum pundits just don't get - there are faster cars, cars that are more comfortable or practical, both, etc but I can't think of another car id rather whip through twisty roads just for the hell of it. This is a built for purpose and BALANCED sports car, not a modified econ-box that brings an heirloom quality to it that is rare in these times.

One knock against the car is head room. I am a relatively tall guy (6' and 250lbs) that would prob be given big guy status but not quite big and tall status. Anyhow, my hair brushes against the headliner sometimes and it is a reminder that there is just an 1/8 inch of steel between my head and pavement in the event of a rollover...obviously, I bought the car anyways.

Long story short. This is a car for those passionate about cars and driving. If you value comfort or luxury features over sportiness then there are likely better and cheaper cars for you. But if you are a petrol head with apassion for automobiles you will absolutely not be let down - if anything, you will be further amazed by the car with each day. I highly recommend this car with manual because I frankly don't see the point of buying this with an auto no matter how good the auto is (I have a g37x so I know the auto is good)

For me, this is truly a bucket list item realized. Thanks to the wife for authorizing what is otherwise an irresponsible purchase....or is it?

STAY AWAY!!!
By mikegt87

2012 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

All I can say is do not buy a Nissan!
At 7k miles my car suffered complete engine failure. Blown head gasket, engine coolant in the combustion chamber. How did Nissan react? They replaced the head gasket and not the motor. Well now 5k miles later the engine is starting to act up again.

This goes with all the other problems the car has had. The AC has failed, the tpms system malfunctions. The manual tranny sounds horrible. All this at under 10k miles. Stay away!

Love the Z
By bluejuke

2012 Nissan 370Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Had the Z about 5k miles so far, it is just about perfect in every way! The headlights light up everything, the interior truly makes you feel special and not regret one penny you spent on the car! I got the only manual on the lot at the time and it really is everything i hoped it would be, ample torque to pass ppl on the highway without a downshift and when you do downshift its intoxicating! Although some see the rough engine noise as a downfall i feel it's just one more thing that shows this is a raw sports car! It sounds coarse because of the variable cam profiles it uses at different rpm's.

Being able to park next to vehicles that cost 2-3x as much and not feel out of place and the interior with soft touch materials throughout

Loudest vehicle i've EVER been in, seriously loud over most road surfaces, its mostly tire noise, very little wind noise. The stock radio really sucks too!

Great sportscar value
By pbschroeder

2012 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car about 10 days now.
It is fast, comfortable and handles well.
I have owned a Corvette, several Porsches and several BMWs.
In many ways, this car is their equal, especially when you factor in the cost of the car.
Where else can you get this kind of performance for $38K?
This is not to say I do not plan to own more Corvettes, Porsches and BMWs in the future.
However, this is a car I predict I will look back on and be happy I owned it.

Nav system w/hard drive, Bluetooth audio and sat radio, synchrorevmatch transmission. The handling and acceleration, of course, also.

It needs full power memory seats, rain sensor and curb view outside mirrors. Being a Nissan, it should run on regular gas.

Wow
By kingbusa

2012 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

The first word I said when I pulled into my drive way and got out of my brand new 2012 370z was wow!I have had it for a week now,I am most impressed with all aspects except the road /cabin noise.maybe some dynamat in the near future.the navigation system is money well spent.ample power,(I have a hayabusa,I know.)sound system,8 speakers,is excellent.I had my eye on the camaro ss and it would have been cheaper,but it. Can't compare to the 370z.(I still like the camaro).9.5 out of 10.the word I keep hearing about my 370z is sexy.reminds me of a porshe.I really like this car.

Navigation system,sound system,duel power seats

Road noise.