Used 2013 MINI Cooper Roadster John Cooper Works Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mini Cooper-roadster - Consumer Reviews

John Cooper Works 1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (2 reviews )

New Toy
By lmarinucci

2013 MINI Cooper Roadster John Cooper Works John Cooper Works 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had Corvettes, BMW's, Porshes, and Audis, but this is by far the most fun car to drive. I get compliments wherever I go, and the car really does handle like it was on rails. Not the fastest, but it sure feels fast and nimble. It even has a usable trunk. Much more fun to drive than a BMW Z4. And it gets 32-39 MPG on the highway !!!!!!! BUY IT !!!!

Favorite Features

Operation of the convertible top. Gas mileage. Engine sounds. Transmission. Comfortable seats. It's looks(Everyone seems to like it)

Suggested Improvements

Move window controls to the windows. Replace useless top down fun meter, with gages (Engine temp and oil pressure) Use double insulated top, for less road noise.

Fun and Value
By lmarinucci

with over 1200 miles on it, I have yet to stop grinning. Everywhere I go I get thumbs up, and such comments as : nice car, beautiful ride, Mommy I want that car, Etc. Fast and economical ( Just got 38 MPG from New Jersey to New Hampshire, at 75-85 MPH). A surprisingly large trunk for such a small car. Even my skis fit, using the trunk pass through. Only complaint: single layer top, noisy at highway speeds. Small price to pay for such fun. Much nicer than a Miata or a Honda S2000, or a BMW Z4. Tons of amenities. Super radio and navigation. BUY IT

Favorite Features

The engine, the sound, the looks, the driving feel, the gas economy, the tons of amenities and gadgets, the looks I get, the satisfaction in owning one ( I had 2 BMWs, 3 Audis, 1 Porsche and 1 Corvette)

Suggested Improvements

Improve the quality of the canvas top. Install an automatic garage door opener.