Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Bad compressor at less than 50,000
By cberk74

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My compressor has gone bad 49,582 miles. The car may be 6 yrs old but at that low mileage it should not have a compressor leak. It has been properly maintained at Mercedes dealerships and garage kept. I am the fourth owner. Had it for two years and average 10,000 a year in mileage. I have only had to visit the dealership twice for service and apparently do not have enough "loyalty" to get a decent repair rate on something that should not be broken. I spoke with the head of the Post Warranty at MBUSA and he spoke with my local service center. The best deal they could offer me was 15% off the $1500 repair bill. I am very disappointed in the quality of the car.

Favorite Features

Looks beautiful and classy.

Suggested Improvements

Use higher quality parts.

Poor reliability
By qualitypro

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After owning a CLK-350 for 2 months, my average maintenance is $600 per month. Two manufacturing defects, beyond the warranty cost $600 each to fix. A noise from the A/C compressor clutch (bracket?) was repaited,Secondlt, a month later, the Tire Pressure warning came on. I reprressurized 4 times. Rgen the dash indicator turned red for tires. Next the dash said SRS malfunction. The dealer says wiring under the sets is defecrive and seats need to be removed, etc. This follows an experience with a 320E which was disastrous, window falling, etc. Last Mercedes.

Favorite Features

Great when it runs.

Suggested Improvements

Meet Kia warranty.

First Convertible
By ECB

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

First convertible and I love it! Really wanted a metal top, but wound up trading our 2005 E320 4-matic for the rag top at the dealership. Liked the SLK (metal top) but felt it was too selfish with only 2 seats, but have never used the back seats!

Favorite Features

Just a fun to drive car and I have the top down as often as possible. Left it in Florida for the winter months up North, got 28 MPG on the trip back.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder locations are terrible. Navigation system entry should be more friendly (not the joystick). Car was supposedly wired for Bluetooth (P1 package)however it is still a $1000 option to get it implemented (found out after purchase!). Need the option to turn off the rearview/side mirror dimming.

Fantastic except for the bad paint job
By David Edwards

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded in my 2007 SLK that I had purchased new in March of 2007. It was a nice car, but tight on space and not very comfortable. The CLK Cabriolet is fantastic. The seats are the most comfortable I have set in ... even better than our 2008 Lexus LS 460. The Harmon Kardon stereo is incredible. The ride is crisp yet smooth and it literally glides over the roads. Some of the speakers vibrated at first with any significant bass, but this seems to have subsided quite a bit. The Irridium Silver paint is beautiful in lower light or artificial light, but in sunlight, you see the problems with the metallic paint...looks like it was painted with a spray can. Moral, don't buy on a cloudy day.

Favorite Features

interior comfort and high quality leather, great stereo, fantastic handling, a bargain for the performance and comfort, top is smooth and opens and closes quickly, very little windnoise (compared to the 2008 Lexus in the next garage bay that has a lot for a $73K car...Germans are still the best!

Suggested Improvements

Need to work on the quality of the metallic paint, truly an embarassment to Mercedes...need to get rid of the rest of the Chryler influence there...Where is the blue tooth? What is this with a 900 charge for the ability to couple your phone with the car?

Nice Convertible
By Joe S

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My very first convertible and what a beauty! We actually had the opportunity to drive with top down in January during an unusual 70 degree day in New Jersey and it turned heads!

Favorite Features

Sound system, Mercedes quality and reliability

Suggested Improvements

C'mon Mercedes - you really need to find a better place for the cup holders. More colorful/detailed Navigation system (Sold my Acura RL which had a tremendous Navi display) and 1 year subscription to Sirus instead of the lame 6 months (we are talking about a $60K car)