2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Nice car
By johnthelandlord on 11/16/09 18:24 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Bought it new in 03, and have it as a second car. A few minor problems like flicker in tail light, sunroof one touch and stuck on ABS light on dash since then but nothing big. One thing that is VERY annoying is the complicated "computer" that's accessed through a series of pressing four buttons in certain sequence on the steering wheel. You can never find what you want easily and you can have an accident while you are fiddling with it while driving!! Setting the clock?? You need a degree in engineering to do it. Having an older BMW the controls were very simple one touch on one single button.

Perfect design
By clkowner on 08/31/07 19:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful car. It manages to perform like a sports car without the punishing ride found in so many high performance cars. Everything it does is effortless.

If you can afford it
By todd on 02/24/06 04:38 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is a fantastic car to own. Sleek fast and a sheer pleasure to drive. Do not get the ventilated seats, makes them ride like hell. I didn't think I could pay $60 grand for a car and think it was worth the money. But I cannot wait to get another. Mercedes far excedes the customer service of the big 3. I leased mine for less than my Dad leases a 300c.

Wow, what a ride...
By Mike N. on 09/26/05 23:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

After a test drive on the 2004 Coupe, I was done for. It is just too exciting to drive. I had to have it. I've only had one other car that got the blood pumping like this - a BMW 540i. But this car is pure power and fits the driver like a glove. THe 302HP engine purrs like a lion and then springs to life. The cockpit is well designed, with most controls in easy reach. The computer can be programmed in all the expected luxury ways. Seems like MBZ did a great job on this.

CLK 500 Critique
By Mercedes Owner on 12/30/04 15:52 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This 2 door pillarless hardtop is a gorgeous example of an ultra modern luxury sports car that provides the open air look and fun of the bygone era of 2 door hardtops. This car turns heads for second looks, especially when all four windows are down. Performance and handling are outstanding, yet refined, so that you know you are driving a Mercedes at all times. I haven't found a thing yet to complain about; it's great.

Awfully NICE!
By BMW TO MB on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This V8 powered luxury coupe is a blast. Rockets to cruising speed and handles and brakes with solid confidence. Not up to BMW standards of drivability and certainly not your BORING Japanesse softness, so a great compromise between performance and luxury. It IS a Mercedes so a great ride..plus the dealer was willing to deal! Not the take it or leave it BMW attitude. I have owned several but they lost me this time.

Awesome car
By fadious on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This has been a treat. I did the European delivery program and the trip was amazing. I feel bad that we have speed limits in America. This car was phenomenal on the autobahn. AT 130mph, I put it on cruise control and I could take any curve easily. The stability on it was amazing and I loved racing with BMWs and blowing the hell out of them. I did pay the price as I had to gas every day for over $100 each time but it was worth it.

Luxury Rocket
By williamC on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Not as aggressive as BMW, not as soft as Lexus. Great combination of performnce and Luxury in a super attractive package. Looked at this car because ticked off at BMW service over petty problem...now glad of it! Still, nothing quite handles like BMW, CLK comes close and is much, much more functional. PLUS< DEALER WILLING TO NEGOTIATE unlike BMW who always seem to have take it or leave it attitude, even with current owners(used to be 2 in our case)

Incredible Ride
By corplaw425 on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2004 CLK500 at Barrier in Bellevue, Wash., in June 2004. I have owned and driven several German automobiles in the past and this blows them all away. The styling draws attention wherever I go, and the performance and ride are incredible. This is by far the best car I have ever had.

MB finally has a a car to exceed BMW
By BEMDBLU on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have had 11 BMWs including 3 seies coupes and convertibles, 6 series, 7 series including a 750. This cars performance and styling has finally approciated and now exceeded what is available from BMW. The designers finally put together a package which I have been waiting for. Speed, looks and reliability.