Fun, Fun, Fun
By Hoyt Andres on
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
This is the 4th new Miata that I've owned. I've had at least one of all 3 body styles. This one is great, but the trunk opening almost made me keep my 1999. It's just too small. And the lack of a spare tire WAS a problem for me when I had a blowout at 9pm at night and the flat fix kit didn't work. AAA towed me to a motel and then came back to get me the next morning and towed me to the Mazda dealer (the only place that said they had a tire that fit). Fortunately, they were able to repair the tire. Overall the additional power of the 2006 and the new features were the deciding factors for me.
Favorite Features
The MX-5 driving experience is what it's all about! This car (and all my other Miatas) were MADE for driving on these mountain roads in Western North Carolina.
Suggested Improvements
It's hard for me to believe that only a few of the 92 reviews that were posted when I read them mentioned the trunk opening. It's much smaller than the trunk opening in all previous Miatas. I can't believe that the Mazda engineers thought that golfers would not be upset.